[Stable Update] 2023-09-10 - Kernels, Systemd, Firefox, Thunderbird, LLVM

Got a small issue with broken Thunderbird pin in KDE Task Manager (not sure if even it worth mentioning). Fixed by unpinning and pinning back.
Thanks for the release!

Logging out and switching to a tty is exactly what I meant.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Archlinuxfr.db failed to download

I reinstalled mono, but keepass still won’t launch by clicking the icon. How ever, it launches via Konsole.

I fixed it for now by right clicking the keepass icon and then choosing open it with “keepass” and finally set it as remember application association for all files type “keepass database”.

Me too. Also fails the same way when I tried to update Thunderbird in a Windows 10 computer, so I think it’s not an issue related to Manjaro but Thunderbird’s. May be they’re trying to change the pin icon to the new design and something fails.

new-thunderbird-logo

6 posts were split to a new topic: What is ladspa-host? why I want or need it now?

Keepass isn’t working for me either :confused:

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

Reproduced this on Plasma and XFCE

Native Version of Team Fortress 2 stopped working on Xfce after this Update:

/bin/sh\0-c\0/home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=440 -- /home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/hl2.sh' -game tf -steam\0
chdir "/home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2"
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
pid 3605 != 3604, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
src/tcmalloc.cc:278] Attempt to free invalid pointer 0x9527ad0
/home/karlsn/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/hl2.sh: line 72:  3607 Aborted                 (core dumped) ${GAME_DEBUGGER} "${GAMEROOT}"/${GAMEEXE} "$@"
Graphics:
  Device-1: AMD Navi 22 [Radeon RX 6700/6700 XT/6750 XT / 6800M/6850M XT]
    driver: amdgpu v: kernel
  Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.8 driver: X: loaded: amdgpu
    unloaded: modesetting,radeon dri: radeonsi gpu: amdgpu resolution: 2560x1440
  API: OpenGL v: 4.6 Mesa 23.1.6-3 renderer: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (navi22
    LLVM 16.0.6 DRM 3.49 6.1.51-1-MANJARO)

Launch option LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libjemalloc.so %command% made it playable again.

2 Likes

This is interesting. I have slightly different symptoms in manjaro Gnome but probably the same root problem - Thunderbird disappeared from the Gnome dash, when I launch Thunderbird it has a generic app icon.

The change to the supernova icon had already happened though, hard to see that having being the problem.

Investigating it seems the updated package has a renamed .desktop file and icon.

# new package
/usr/share/applications/org.mozilla.Thunderbird.desktop

# has this for icon entry
Icon=org.mozilla.Thunderbird

# and the icon exists at
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/org.mozilla.Thunderbird.png

And the various other sizes of icons in the hicolor directory. Hard to see why it’s not actually working.

Whereas old package

# has
/usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop

# with icon as:
Icon=thunderbird

EDIT: I note that in the Gnome overview the icons is visible as normal, just not in the gnome dash. Maybe the issue is with the dash?

EDIT 2: Also missing in dash-to-dock and dash-to-panel

EDIT 3: Also unable to pin Thunderbird to the dash now, as happens with some other applications, usually those installed via appimage or electron apps I think.

EDIT 4: There is an Arch package issue for this https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/79590?project=1&string=thunderbird

EDIT 5: Solution
Wait for the upstream fix and just launch from the overview or tweak the desktop file to add StartupWMClass like so:

StartupNotify=true
StartupWMClass=thunderbird
Actions=ComposeMessage;OpenAddressBook;

This was taken from the Thunderbird flatpak .desktop file. Temporarily switching to the flatpak package isn’t simple because it expects the profiles to be in a different location so Thunderbird will start as a fresh unused app unless you take other actions.

2 Likes

Got this error, I’m still figuring out how to fix.

Failed to commit transaction

conflicting files:

• jbigkit: /usr/lib/libjbig.so already exists in filesystem (owned by libjbig-shared)

EDIT: My solution was to first uninstall both libjbig-shared and jbigkit (which was easy because they were optional dependencies of cnrdrvcups-lb, which I need in order to use my scanner/printer). Then I proceeded with the system update, which somehow automatically reinstalled jbigkit.

As already posted in [Stable Update] 2023-09-10 - Kernels, Systemd, Firefox, Thunderbird, LLVM - #12 by agolovanov
I also could fix the KeePass problem by reinstalling the KeePass package.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Update has hung up

Forgive me for posting a non-issue. I used to have sound issues with the post-5.10 kernel versions, I’ve written about this in some threads (now locked), but 6.1 works great. I ascribe this to the LTS, that’s why I installed 6.1 in the first place to check it out.

Update was alright. Cheers

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: What exactly is this mesa-git in extra repo now?

Had the same issue myself, but ended up needing to install the 32-bit version of the library from the AUR to get it to work…dunno why it’s not in the official manjaro repo.

I also have the problem with the renderer and I was able to fix by installing llvm15-libs, as @iCEVooDoo sugested.
During the 2023-09-10 update, the llvm-libs package was upgraded: 15.0.7-3 -> 16.0.6-1
To my understanding the mesa-nonfree was compiled/requires the 15.XX version of llvm-libs.

Question: don’t we need to also update the mesa-nonfree packages, shouldn’t they also be compiled against the latest version of llvm-libs? As of now, no updates are available.

3 Likes

After this last update I’m experiencing an issue with KDE: I have Manjaro on a laptop that I connect to a second screen. Now, every time I reboot, power up or simply connect the second screen to my laptop the display configuration is completely ignored and it’s randomly messed up. That is, sometimes the second screen mirrors the primary laptop screen, sometimes the windows can’t be displayed on it, and other random oddities. I can make it work by reconfiguring the screen layout in the display configuration, but I have to do this every single time.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: After the update, I cannot open clementine anymore

Doesn’t directly address your problem, but is there a reason you are using keepass instead of keepassxc?

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Steam crash after closing the game