KDE plasma bugs after each update [Stable Update] 2022-09-12

Well, a few do, but most of them are focusing on the ARM platform.

2 Likes

I’m afraid KDE devs are GNOME-ifing their projects, by “accidentally” introducing bugs which hinder customization. Which fend off the users who prefer to customize their desktop environment.
Which means there is room for an alternative which emphasizes on the freedom of customization.

1 Like

I completely disagree.

Having used both, there is only 1 similarity: the fact that they both are GUIs.

Plasma is a lot more polished and offers a lot more customization than Gnome. To get a semi-aceptable layout with semi-acceptable functionality (for me) in Gnome, I had to install many extensions. In Plasma, the both layout and functionality is :100: for me. And I don’t have any extensions installed. The only thing I have that’s not standard Plasma, is GLX Dock. And that’s only because I’m too lazy to bother with learning, or figuring out Plank/Latte dock.

Also, as @Aragorn has pointed out, even the KDE developers admit this wasn’t their best work. So they actually admit to mistakes, which is a very rare occurrence these days, so there’s nothing “accidental”. It was a true accident, a.k.a. a mistake.

3 Likes

:pinching_hand:

2 Likes

3 Likes

The amount of people having Plasma-specific problems continues to increase. These two are just from this morning. :arrow_down:

4 Likes

And another one just now… :arrow_down:

3 Likes

being a moderator somehow exempts me from having an opinion

Absolutely Not!
Your forum profile shows you are >7 times omniscient generally,
(must be >3 times KDE omniscient specifically?)
So your opinion is based on many years of reading and helping on this forum

Some users have demonstrated continued ignorance of alternative options for getting the latest bigger number thing
No consideration for the needs of other users who might not want the new bigger number thing until it works properly;
No respect for an experienced opinion representing for stable branch to have stable packages;
I suggest you ignore them and keep posting for the benefit of others

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, Sir! :pray:

(Brown envelope, under the usual brick. :stuck_out_tongue: )

5 Likes

From a perspective of a newbie with Linux (and Manjaro, obviously), I can say that it seems that Manjaro feels really like an OS that can grow a lot, its potential is really really good! In the other hand I feel that the community needs more “voice” and Manjaro team should communicate better in every channel. For example, in Discord I posted about a bug in the password change function that still occurring and I got no answer about when it will be fixed. This bug is critical and important, but I don’t see anyone talking about it because no one knows that it exists. I really hope that this OS keeps alive and that we can be a better community between users and the devs.

To be fair, Discord is not being developed by Manjaro. We pull in the package straight from Arch, who are only packaging it, because it’s proprietary software.

Therefore bug reports regarding Discord should be directed at its respective developers and are beyond the ability of the Manjaro (or Arch) developers to remedy. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Give examples.

a Non-official support channel where you didn’t get an answer? Hmmm…

I posted about a bug in the password change function that still occurring and I got no answer about when it will be fixed. This bug is critical and important, but I don’t see anyone talking about it because no one knows that it exists

A link to the relevant bug report for plasma 5.25 was posted after your forum comment 5 days ago
Password not being changed - #9 by ydar

The bug report was closed earlier today after commits for plasma 5.25 and 5.26

3 Likes

And another one… :arrow_down:

That makes four distinct users with Plasma problems within the time since I logged on at the forum today.

3 Likes

You could show yet another one…

…but I didn’t upgrade to 5.25. :smirk:

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

the last manjaro kde update, and now laptop freezing also. …I am starting the laptop again…

2 Likes

Yes, I could… :wink: :arrow_down:

1 Like

It just never ends… :arrow_down:

Is there still anyone left in Houston who does not believe that we’re having a problem here? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Lift off for KDE Plasma 5.26 is October 6th officially… So, on a positive note, things can only get better right(can’t they)…? :thinking:

4 Likes

In the meantime for those that are having real issues(I’m lucky with a minute niggle personally…) until 5.26 is pushed through testing, it’s going to be rather choppy sailing until then, alas…

And for those that wanted 5.25 whatever it takes, well, I doubt they are/were all disappointed, hopefully?

2 Likes