Welcome and introduce yourself - 2022

Hello there! I arrived here via minisforum as I was in the market for a new home server. The mini PC is awesome and I’ve already reinstalled Manjaro once without a problem – I prefer the Cinnamon DE. Thank you to this entire community for making such an enjoyable Linux desktop experience!

1 Like

I’m been using Linux for awhile, Mepis, Chakra and Kubuntu have been my main distros. It was the latter’s use of Snap that made me look else where and I’ve settled here. Besides getting use to the updated software I haven’t found anything wrong. Here is to long association.

1 Like

This Distro is a lot of fun. Thank you, everybody, for your hard work, everywhere.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m new to Manjaro, and overall new to forums, I usually just used to lurk looking for answers. But it seems like a good idea to be part of the community.
I used Ubuntu based distros for around 7 years, mainly Mint Cinnamon, but then stayed on Windows 10 for around 3 years, because I needed some software not ideal to run on Linux.
I´m kind of rusty (and I wouldn’t call myself an advance user even back in the day tbh) and new to Arch based distributions, but I’ve miss Linux and after thinking for a while I decided to go with Manjaro, first I tried Pop Os but I really don´t like Gnome, install and it didn’t feel right even with KDE.
I’m looking forward to join the community and transitioning to use Manjaro KDE Plasma as my main for everyday stuff and gaming and keep Windows in dual boot just in case.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

Im new i bought a chuwi ubookx just for this Distro, i dont have a lot of experience but im working with linux, i’m not related with this things of the blogs, but im gonna try this time, if you have any tips for a newbie user u are welcome

2 Likes

Start here:

Then go on:

And a few tutorials for the forum as well:

3 Likes

hI I am Rajib from Bangladesh . I am new to linux manjaro. Hopefully will get to know new people and become part of the community here.

3 Likes

Hello guys,
I have been a Linux user for two decades.
My main distributions now are Debian / Ubuntu, both xfce.
I also started using Manjaro xfce a few months ago, but now I use KDE. I am very pleased with both. I am not planning any migration for now, but I will also consider Manjaro when setting up a new desktop computer.

Hello! Im Noah, and I use arch for about a month. I yesterday installed manjaro on my laptop and im interested in learning more about manjaro, arch and linux as a whole.
I hope I can get along with the community :slight_smile:
Cheers!

1 Like

txs! i ll start right away! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!
I’m Lucian, known online as swimm3r. I’ve been using Manjaro with Xfce for about 1 month. Today I performed the big stable update, and the install process succeed without fails. The system is running in dual-boot mode, for the moment.
Tried Linux (Ubuntu with Gnome) years ago, and couldn’t get into it.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers.

1 Like

Hi everyone. Im pretty new to linux although Ive tried mxlinux, lmde, and fedora recently. This seems to have more of what I want but I have a few bugs still.

1 Like

If you’ve got a bug, it’s better to go to a doctor…

4 Likes

Hello. I’ve been an intermittent Linux user since the mid 90’s. I originally installed Red Hat 5.2 (original Red Hat, not the Enterprise). I used Ubuntu for several years as a daily driver. Have also played with Suse, Mandrake, and Fedora through the years. More recently have been back with Windows full time. I have now wiped Windows from all of my computers and will be staying with Linux again. Currently I’m running Manjaro on this one and MX Linux on the other one. I like both so far. Looking forward to re-learning and expanding my Linux abilities.

2 Likes

Hi, I`m ecki (Dirk) used Linux since 2016. Come from OSX and never used Win. First Ubuntu and now since two month Manjaro xfce. Think I like it because everything runs fine :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi, new Manjaro user here. Started off on Ubuntu around 12 years ago, then switched to Linux Mint. Recently wanted a change and tried out Manjaro and completely fell in love. I’m so happy to have made the change. The speed is great, it looks fantastic out of the box (I’m on XFCE), and the AUR…oh my… I’m so happy to be here!

1 Like

Hi! Linux user for 25 years, switched to Manjaro three years ago or so after I never managed to do an apt-get dist-upgrade without a manual reinstall. Never looked back ever since. Now facing first major problem, I have decided to join this forum.

2 Likes

hi there everyone ^^
music-addicted visual artist here … What kind of music? I especially like Rammstein, Moby, Eminem, Laura Marling, … but I listen to almost everything …
running win10 and latest Manjaro in dual boot for now, but I only have the win10 because I cannot for the life of me get some programmes to run on Manjaro … Recent challenge: World in Conflict.
welp, any questions?
– M.

2 Likes

Hi ,
I am an old linux user starting back in the nineties with redhat, then using a lot of distros mostly around debian. It’s my first manjaro. A little bit different, very attractive and mysterious femme fatale linux.
Gilles from France

3 Likes

Hello. I’m Eray, I’m 16 years old. Well I’ve been using Linux since 2017… I guess maybe earlier. I’ve been using Ubuntu then I wanted to try Arch Linux… but after failing to install that I simply gave up and installed Manjaro instead! I usually game on Windows but seeing how Linux gaming improved I actually game on Linux now since all of my games are working with it.

3 Likes