[Stable Update] 2023-12-10 - Kernels, Plasma, Phosh, Systemd, Cinnamon, Gnome, libpamac

+1 - I got this too.

1 Like

thank you, that do the trick.

A post was split to a new topic: After 2023-12-01 I can not get in to a timed out session

A post was merged into an existing topic: WiFi problems after 2032.12.10 Stable Update

Iā€™ve solved mine with this one too. Thank you:)

How did you switch the kernelā€¦ Iā€™m not able to boot into the desktop.

1 Like

Here are the changes of 6.6.4 and 6.6.5. 6.6.5 introduced those patches:

check if 6.7 series works.

Upcoming 6.6.6 may have those additional patches:

-rw-rā€“rā€“ r8152-add-rtl8152_inaccessible-checks-to-more-loops.patch 2545 logstatsplain
-rw-rā€“rā€“ r8152-add-rtl8152_inaccessible-to-r8153_aldps_en.patch 1414 logstatsplain
-rw-rā€“rā€“ r8152-add-rtl8152_inaccessible-to-r8153_pre_firmware.patch 1397 logstatsplain
-rw-rā€“rā€“ r8152-add-rtl8152_inaccessible-to-r8156b_wait_loadin.patch 1378 logstatsplain
-rw-rā€“rā€“ r8152-hold-the-rtnl_lock-for-all-of-reset.patch 3467 logstatsplain
-rw-rā€“rā€“ r8169-fix-rtl8125b-pause-frames-blasting-when-suspended.patch 2889 logstatsplain

All kernels of 6.6 series can also been found on our github project: Releases Ā· manjaro-kernels/linux66 Ā· GitHub

2 Likes

I also got this errorā€¦

error: tensorflow-opt-cuda: signature from "Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/tensorflow-opt-cuda-2.15.0-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] ^C
Interrupt signal received

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

Are the shutdown problems with the LTS kernels >515 also on suspend/hibernate/resume actions?

postgresql seems to have been updated - the database needs upgradingā€¦
I just deleted mine and recreated it.

Iā€™m testing 6.7.0rc4-6 now and everything seems to work fine, wifi can be switched on-off over and over without freezes. :+1:

Looks like the ā€œWifi causing hangupā€ problem is more generic than specific to a particular chipset:

But it looks like the problem is currently mitigated in 6.7 branch ā€¦ more tests needed.

4 Likes

Kernel 6.1.66-1 is also affected. Any tree that back-ported 7e7efdda6adb wifi: cfg80211: fix CQM for non-range use that does not contain 076fc8775daf wifi: cfg80211: remove wdev mutex (which does not apply cleanly to 6.6.y or 6.6.1) will be affected. Upstream solution so far: [PATCH] wifi: nl80211: fix deadlock in nl80211_set_cqm_rssi (6.6.x) ā€” Linux Stable Kernel Updates

3 Likes

If anyone other than me is using rtl-sdr dongles (quite possibly not, as theyā€™re fairly niche), the latest update introduces a change which seems to cause problems in some circumstances. Thereā€™s a new group ā€œrtlsdrā€ and it seems this causes problems unless a user accessing the dongles has been added to that group.
I need to do a little more testing to confirm adding the user to rtlsdr is the final fix (I have to wait until some radio timeshifting jobs release my dongles). Iā€™ll come back with my answer in a few hours.

[Edit]: this does seem to solve the problem.

2 Likes

Not so. Dolphin, Gwenview, Kate etc are still at 23.08.3.

2 Likes

Upstream released new kernels as we speak with the offending patch reverted. I simply triggered those: [Regression] 6.1.66, 6.6.5 - wifi: cfg80211: fix CQM for non-range use

4 Likes

After the update my DE used a completely different icon set. Turns out the ePapirus icon theme got split into its own package and since the files for it disappeared my DE used a fallback theme.

To fix it, you can either select the papirus icon theme, which you should still have installed and is very similar, or you can install the epapirus-icon-theme package to get the exact icons previously in use back.

2 Likes

And what DE :slight_smile: ? is with the failing the ePapirus icons?

Iā€™d assume something similar happens regardless of the specific DE as itā€™s about the icon theme you have selected. But to answer your question: Cinnamon.