Help Testing 24.0 Release Candidates

The @Manjaro-Team is currently testing 24.0 Release Candidates and working hard on getting a new stable snap of packages out. Why not join to help?

4 Likes

KDE ISO:
the same issue of a black screen while booting up as described in Unable to load latest stable and unstable ISOs (KDE/Plasma)
If to remove splash and quiet, booting up become successful.

Moderator edit: Corrected link to main topic instead of specific reply

here booting fine

will be possible to install it and after right the installation switching to testing?

that is a plymouth issue. We will ship with the older one which is not so picky about KMS.

1 Like

Why is it an issue with the latest ISOs though. Shouldn’t these have the “kms” hook already in the mkinitcpio config?

They have but it is still an issue. Only way to fix it is a git-bisect on plymouth with affected system and report it to upstream.

@alven Your hardware combination seems to be unique as for me with AMD graphics having the “kms” hook in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf fixed black screen.

1. Can you make extra-sure that this is the case for you too, i.e. that on the ISO you downloaded it says kms in the HOOKS array.
  2. Would you be able to a) manipulate the ISO by changing the included plymouth or b) install to the affected hardware and then change the installed plymouth?

i was on the testing branch, until for some unknown reason i couldn’t start manjaro. I would like to know where I can download an iso for testing. I’ve been looking for it and can’t find it.Thanks

I dont fully agree with this guide (no need to use zip) but its here and has links: