[Stable Update] 2022-10-05 - Kernels, Systemd, AMDVLK, Deepin, Pamac, QEMU, Thunderbird, Firefox, 0 A.D., Gradience, Linux Firmware, WINE, GNOME, Pipewire

qt-wayland is installed and OBS works in general, just crashes whole GDM-session from time to time.

It’s worth noting that if you have the gimp-plugin-resynthesizer-git package installed from AUR, you will be able to remove python2 along with python2-gimp and won’t get any warnings about it. But your resynthesizer plugin will no longer work.
I’ve dropped the package maintainer a note about this, but it’s worth being aware of if you’re a Gimp user.

2 Likes

After the current update, cannot login into plasma-x11 session even using TTY.
using TTY to enter plasma-wayland works fine,
used pamac (CLI) instead of pacman to update.

1 Like

OpenGL is not working in telegram after update anymore. Nvidia 515 driver

1 Like

Pamac was still trying to update ceph-libs and python2. I uninstalled them from pacman using pacman -Rsu ceph-libs and pacman -Rcsu python2

XFCE reset my ~/.config/xfce4/panel/whiskermenu-8.rc, wiping the list of my favorite applications from the start menu.

Also for some reason the start menu icon in the lower left corner isn’t the Manjaro logo anymore, instead it’s the default blue XFCE mouse icon.

All Firefox tabs crash and can’t be restored. See

Also having issues with ceph-libs aur package… It failed building, claiming /tmp/ was full (I’m on a 64gb mem system)

BlockquoteMemory:
RAM: total: 62.71 GiB used: 22.11 GiB (35.2%)
Array-1: capacity: 128 GiB slots: 4 EC: Multi-bit ECC
Device-1: DIMM_A1 type: no module installed
Device-2: DIMM_A2 type: DDR4 size: 32 GiB speed: 3200 MT/s
Device-3: DIMM_B1 type: no module installed
Device-4: DIMM_B2 type: DDR4 size: 32 GiB speed: 3200 MT/s

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
dev              32G     0   32G   0% /dev
run              32G  2,1M   32G   1% /run
/dev/nvme0n1p2  848G  422G  384G  53% /
tmpfs            32G   43M   32G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs            32G   32G     0 100% /tmp
/dev/nvme0n1p1  300M  312K  300M   1% /boot/efi
/dev/nvme1n1p1  916G  779G   91G  90% /home/../ekstraplass
tmpfs           6,3G   92K  6,3G   1% /run/user/1000

CMake Error at src/cmake_install.cmake:60 (file):
  file INSTALL cannot copy file
  "/tmp/makepkg/ceph/src/ceph-16.2.7/build/lib/libceph-common.so.2" to
  "/tmp/makepkg/ceph/pkg/ceph/usr/lib/ceph/libceph-common.so.2": No space
  left on device.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:47 (include)

make: *** [Makefile:113: install] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/tmp/makepkg/ceph/src/ceph-16.2.7/build'
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package_ceph().
    Aborting...

My Pamac reported this update, before the post was even there. And I updated through it too.

Maybe your just connected to a mirror that didn’t sync the update immediately.

For those who used to use obs-nvfbcAUR, now it conflicts with obs-studio version 28.

NOTE: This plugin is no longer functional since OBS Studio v28. This is a technical limitation because of the removal of GLX code in OBS. Unless NVIDIA ports NvFBC from GLX to EGL I think there is nothing we can do. Feel free to investigate though.

source: Florian Zwoch / obs-nvfbc · GitLab

I was able to find an alternative project: gpu-screen-recorder - A shadowplay-like screen recorder for Linux. The fastest screen recorder for Linux.

Finally decided to update, after the negative feedback from the prior KDE update.
Besides some AUR packages to remove before, others to reinstall around the update, and other packages to install after, it went well.
:+1:

3 Likes

I am running into an issue with this update. I have tried it twice now, and each time it hangs on boot when I restart. I am unable to get into TTY with Ctrl + Alt + F2 when this happens. I have successfully used Timeshift from a liveUSB to get back to 5.10.141. I am running KDE Plasma on a Dell Inspiron 7415 with a Ryzen 7 5700U.

A post was split to a new topic: Issues playing games on Steam through Proton-GE

Something got messed up with pipewire, when I do the update my microphone starts crackling. It is a simple USB microphone and when I use timeshift to reverse the changes, it works just fine again. I am using wireplumber because I had other problems with pipewire-media-session. My Behringer audio interface works just fine. (I have no XLR mic, I am using it like a soundcard)

Remove pulseaudio if you use pipewire
sudo pacman -R manjaro-pulse

it looks like the update introduced heavy distortions on audioinput

my thread: forum[dot]manjaro[dot]org/t/help-since-last-night-reboot-my-microphone-input-is-distorted/123668 (Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.)

1 Like

The killed qBittorrent :frowning:

Try qbittorrent-qt5.

I found a thread that was pointing to a bug in qt6 or something to that effect.

Only for GTK environments then, because I use qBittorrent just fine on Plasma.

Very good, it has been about the same for me. I have hold on all updates for the last month and applied today, on several machines with Manjaro KDE, the two last stable updates (09-12 and 10-05) and it went very well ! I only needed to remove python2 and ceph-libs and reinstall and reconfigure Syncthing and Simplenote with the flatpak versions and few other tweaks. I have followed the precious advices given on this forum and did not encounter any new surprise. Before launching the upgrade process I carefully cleared files and cache with Stacer and Bleachbit and made a Timeshift backup. Thanks a lot guys for your help !

1 Like