[Stable Update] 2022-02-05 - Kernels, LibreOffice, KDE Gear, Nvidia, Calamares, VirtualBox, Pipewire, Mesa, Systemd

A weird bug: if using PipeWire and EasyEffects, every time VLC starts playing a new file, the volume is reset to 100%.

Solution: install pamac install wireplumber

Related bug:

This hopefully fixes the issue: pamac install wireplumber

My laptop sound is no longer recognised after the update. pavucontrol thinks I have no output devices. This used to happen after restoring from hibernation, and a cold boot used to fix it. Now, it seems permanent…

Hi @Lewis2e,

Best would be to create a separate, new #support thread, and provide the necessary information:

1 Like

Thank you.

While working through the steps to gather the information needed for a support post, I found the problem (which, I guess, is the point of having that guide! It did its job).

Fixed by installing the package sof-firmware

`

1 Like

I’m seeing the steam blackscreen issue, but the workaround doesn’t seem to be working for me?

steam.sh[9071]: Running Steam on manjarolinux 21.2.3 64-bit
steam.sh[9071]: STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
setup.sh[9146]: Steam runtime environment up-to-date!
/home/tbelaire/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/bin/steam-runtime-check-requirements: /home/tbelaire/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/bin/../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/steam-runtime-tools-0/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
steam.sh[9071]: steam-runtime-check-requirements failed with an unexpected nonzero exit status. Trying to continue
ERROR: ld.so: object '/lib/libharfbuzz.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
max open descriptors set to 9216

Ah, I investigated Steam shows black screen only since last update but this is a different issue, as the entire UI is black, not just the webview.

This is also affecting some games, such as Loop Hero and Factorio.

EDIT:

Rebooting twice while changing nothing else seemed to fix it?