[Stable Update] 2022-02-05 - Kernels, LibreOffice, KDE Gear, Nvidia, Calamares, VirtualBox, Pipewire, Mesa, Systemd

see this

first add new kernel , reboot on it ,
remove old one

I get “- unable to satisfy dependency ‘nvidia-utils=495.46’ required by linux515-rt-nvidia”

Update:

Tried updating to 5.16 kernel. Still conflict with nvidia-utils, but offer to remove linux-rt-nvidia.
“installing nvidia-utils (510.47.03-4) breaks dependency ‘nvidia-utils=495.46’ required by linux516-rt-nvidia Add linux516-rt-nvidia to remove”

Sounds like a bad deal for me. I do not want to remove the nvidia driver if that is the question.

1 Like

sudo chmod 775 /var/lib/AccountsService/

1 Like

After upgrading my primary monitor isn’t working, and only my secondary monitor turns on (although the GRUB menu appears on the primary one). nvidia-utils 510.47.03-4, primary monitor shows up as ‘disabled’ in nvidia-settings (changing this has no effect and is reset to disabled immediately).

Having a dependency problem with jack2 pipewire-jack

• removing jack2 breaks dependency ‘jack2=1.9.20’ required by lib32-jack2

with excluding pipewire-jack i can run all the other updates makes it the only one left

Same for me, using
sudo pacman -S pipewire-jack
as specified by another user, does not fix the issue.

Hi,
I had the same dependency problem and I did the following:
I ran

sudo pacman -Sdd pipewire-jack

This reinstalled pipewire-jack and removed jack2 but left lib32-jack2. So I forcefully removed only lib32-jack2 with

sudo pacman -Rdd lib32-jack2

Then I proceeded with the update as usual and it asked me for a provider for lib32-jack.so. I chose pipewire and was able to update successfully.

This way you don’t have to remove other packages like portaudio and fluidsynth which depend on lib32-jack2 and jack2.

Note: The first -d skips version checks and the second -d skips dependency checks.

6 Likes

I had to extend it to this
pacman -R lib32-jack2 lib32-portaudio lib32-fluidsynth jack2

2 Likes

same here
i had to remove cadencetoo, which depends on jack2-dbus

it’s a useful tool for me, any chance to install it without removing pipewire-jack?

EDIT:

now my synthv1 shows up in Helvum (pipewire patchbay), so Catia (Cadence) is not needed anymore for patching jack2 outputs

Keyboard and trackpad are not working after the update.

I am having the same issue I have stated here:

is it due to libinput update, or because of kernels, I am not sure.

Is this normal? It’s taking a while

This was mentioned as a new issue in Testing Update 2022-02-04

:pencil2: post#2 edited to add this as a new issue

4 Likes

Possibly missing firmware when installing the kernel linux-5.16.5-1-MANJARO.

WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: xhci_pci

The first boot after the upgrade, the kernel message shows the following error,

kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: FW download error recovery failed (-110)
kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: sending frame failed (-19)
kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: Failed to read MSFT supported features (-110)
kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: command 0xfc1e tx timeout

However, my Bluetooth adaptor seems to be working. My device is

ID 8087:0029 Intel Corp. AX200 Bluetooth

When I connected my Sony DualSense controller, the kernel message shows

Bluetooth: hci0: Failed to read codec capabilities (-56)
1 Like

Upgrade went fine, but one minor issue. I checked for orphaned packages after the update and got the following:

> pamac list -o
celt           0.11.3-4  extra  180.1 kB
pamac-gtk      10.3.0-4  extra  726.3 kB
zita-alsa-pcmi 0.4.0-1   extra  79.8 kB
zita-resampler 1.8.0-1   extra  202.6 kB

I removed all of them after checking that they are not required anymore, already wondering about pamac-gtk. When I now check for obsolete packages again it shows

> pamac list -o
pamac-cli 10.3.0-4  extra  206.7 kB

Installation details for the package show that it has been installed as a dependency for another package, but is currently not required by anything anymore

pamac info pamac-cli
> pamac info pamac-cli
Name                  : pamac-cli
Version               : 10.3.0-4
Description           : A Package Manager based on libalpm with AUR and Appstream support
URL                   : https://gitlab.manjaro.org/applications/pamac
Licenses              : GPL3
Repository            : extra
Installed Size        : 206.7 kB
Groups                : --
Depends On            : libpamac>=11.0
Optional Dependencies : --
Required By           : --
Optional For          : --
Provides              : pamac-cli=10.3.0-4 pamac-zsh-completions
Replaces              : --
Conflicts With        : pamac<=7.3.4-2 pamac-aur pamac-cli-dev pamac-zsh-completions
Packager              : Philip Mueller <philm@manjaro.org>
Build Date            : 2022-01-26 22:20:32 Wed
Install Date          : 2022-02-03 12:22:41 Thu
Install Reason        : Installed as a dependency for another package
Validated By          : Signature
Backup files          : --

I could probably fix this by marking it as explicitly installed, but I wonder if others see the same and if that might cause problems for users who automatically and recursively uninstall orphaned packages.

I couldn’t upgrade my system initially because jack2 and pipewire-jack are now in conflict. I also couldn’t manually uninstall jack2 due to it being a dependency for some other packages.

To resolve, I simply unchecked jack2 in the list of packages to upgrade. This prompts pamac to remove jack2 while upgrading pipewire-jack.

Found my solution here: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/s7hcuc/comment/htb35pc/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

1 Like

i had to remove lib32-fluidsynth and lib32-jack2 manually to install/upgrade pipewire-jack which removes jack2.

its solved for me.

Got on the first run of pacman:

nvidia-utils-510.47.03-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
error: could not rename /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-utils-510.47.03-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.part to /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-utils-510.47.03-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst (No such file or directory)

Seems like it wanted to rename it two times and second one is failed, because after this message this file already there with proper name.

Then on the second run:

error: nvidia-utils: signature from "Mark Wagie <mark@manjaro.org>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-utils-510.47.03-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

So I can’t upgrade my system

Edit
Seems it’s resolved now

Updated successfully to 5.16.5-1-MANJARO and Nvidia 510.47.03 (GeForce RTX 3070).
Can anybody confirm is it safe to remove nvidia-fake-powerd? Is driver spamming dbus-enabled applications with invalid messages fixed?

@crimson-daemon

1 Like