Microphone not taking input

I have recently came back to manjaro from linux mint. I am again facing the microphone issue. Input isn’t working for both internal and external but its not the case with windows 11.

Can you provide some details? For example, are you running pulseaudio or pipewire? Starting with “inxi -A”.

Audio:
Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH-LP cAVS driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.13.19-2-MANJARO running: yes
Sound Server-2: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: yes
Sound Server-3: PipeWire v: 0.3.38 running: yes

This is the output for inxi -A
Please help me @Aragorn @mynewlaptop

Check out the link below. Based on the output above, it might explain what’s probably going on.

https://thesofproject.github.io/latest/getting_started/intel_debug/introduction.html

@nikgnomic Have you ever dealt with this before?

In windows11, i didn’t get any such problem. It might not be a hardware problem

Again, if you read the link that I gave you thoroughly, you may understand why your mic input is not working.

I’m pinging one of the most knowledgeable users in the subject. Let’s see what they have to say.

1 Like

Sure @nikgnomic did! See below:

That’s why we recommend people to do their best efforts for looking up issues with the search feature before posting :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Data from inxi shows system is using kernel v5.13

Data from inxi also shows legacy driver snd_hda_intel in use, that does not support internal digital microphone array (dmic)
Package sof-firmware should be installed to provide the Sound Open Firmware driver sof-audio-pci-intel-cnl to support internal dmic
No audio on newly installed OS - #4 by pobrn

This discussion has more information about managing the ALSA drivers:
Lenovo Legion 5 - Internal Mic Not Working - #4 by nikgnomic

Data from inxi also shows 2 incompatible sound servers running

If all 3 of those issues can be resolved and internal dmic or external microphone is still not working as expected, please post a thorough explanation of any remaining issues and more information about audio devices from ALSA

sudo alsa-info.sh --upload
1 Like

I think you need to install sof-firmware.

1 Like

What i did is that i installed manjaro gnome again, installed sof-firmware, removed pipewire as you said and reboot! Thanks @nikgnomic , @El_Brujo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.