EDIT: This bug has been removed from Manjaro by Stable Update 2023-07-27.
KDE Frameworks 5.108 introduced this nasty bug:
copy/move symbolic link moves link destination instead
It’s fixed in 5.109, which is expected to be available in late August.
EDIT: apparently it’s been around since Frameworks 5.102, but I use symlinks a lot and didn’t notice it until after the 2023-07-17 stable update.
It affects running scripts as well: in Dolphin I dropped a symlink on a Python script’s desktop file, and the script saw only the real path and did things in the actual file’s directory instead of the symlink’s directory. On the day before I installed the 2023-07-17 stable update, it was operating on the symlink’s directory, as intended.
Later I accidentally deleted a few files by creating symlinks in another folder, then moving the symlinks to yet another folder. They did not move; actually the target files moved into the folder onto which I dropped the symlinks, but i didn’t know that, as I didn’t open the folder. When I tried to move the symlinks again it asked if I wanted to overwrite them, I said yes, and the real files got replaced by the symlinks. Result: the real files no longer exist, there are only dead symlinks.