[How To] Install run Manjaro ARM on Amlogic TV Boxes with S922X - S905X3 SOC
This tutorial is aimed for users who own an Amlogic SOC based TV Box and would like to try running Manjaro ARM OS over sd card.
How to run over sd card:
- Download the Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-vim3-21.02 file from the link. Verify that the download completed successfully.
- Install Etcher (sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn the to an SD card (8 GB or larger).
- Open extlinux.conf from Boot partitons extlinux directory. Verify or change the dtb name according to the device you own and save the changes. (To know the right dtb name you will have to ask or look online)
- Now insert the sd card which you have flashed Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-vim3-22-11-2020 image on.
- Enable Multii-Boot mode most devices can do this by just pressing and holding reset button while powering the device on with sd card inserted. (This have to be done only 1 time.)
- This it should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
- You will see the Kernel loading and it will take you to the First Time OEM Setup screen
First Time setup
This release sports the First Time setup for all images, also via SSH. This means that at first boot, you will be asked about the following:
- keyboard layout
- additional user groups (optional)
- full name
- password for that username
- password for root
Then the setup script will set these settings and reboot to the login screen. If it fails to restart then just power off and power on the device.
On first boot during the login screen please switch the KDE Session from Plasma Wayland to just Plasma.
Also run the sound service to enable sound and reboot.
Pass this command in konsole(terminal):
sudo systemctl enable sound --now
How to install Manjaro on eMMC;
- Start Manjaro over SD Card.
- Test if everything is working fine as needed.
- Make sure there is not addition storage device connected.
- Make sure to backup data of emmc.
- Run command
- Once it shows
Flasing Manjaro to eMMCthen reboot with sd card inserted and boot into sd card os again.
- Reboot and remove the sd card, OS should boot over eMMC.
Netflix/Amazon/Spotify can be viewed using
chromium-docker. Using the below command.
sudo pacman -S chromium-docker
Try installing Manjaro on eMMC at your own risk as we have not tested this on your device. I or Manjaro ARM Project will not be responsible if you brick your device.