When closing the lid, the laptop does not turn off after switching from plasma 5.24 to 5.25 (now already 5.27)

Hello, I thank all the contributors who create excellent manjaro systems, although I am very grateful that all this is there. After updating to 5.25 plasma, when the lid is closed (there is a shutdown command), the laptop goes into standby mode, and when the lid is opened, it just freezes and turns off only with the power button. On 5.24 there is no such thing. Also, the labels on the table are constantly changing their location. I have Bumblebee and nvidia 820m along with i5 intel.
Now I have 5.27, and still the laptop does not turn off, but just freezes, and I have to turn it off with the button.
Maybe someone will notice this and tell me what to do? Thank you

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.105.0
Qt Version: 5.15.9
Kernel Version: 6.1.29-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 11.6 ГиБ of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 5500
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name: TP300LDB
System Version: 1.0

Have you tried: Automatic shutdown when closing laptop lid (all desktop environments)

1. It’s useful when closing the laptop lid invokes an automatic shutdown, even when Power Manager doesn’t allow for that option in your desktop environment. In all desktops that can be achieved like this:

a. Copy/paste the following command line into the terminal:

xed admin:///etc/systemd/logind.conf

Press Enter.

b. In that text configuration file, find the following line:

HandleLidSwitch=ignore

in some cases this line looks a bit different, namely: #HandleLidSwitch=suspend

Delete it and replace it by this line:

HandleLidSwitch=poweroff

Save the modified text file and close it.

c. Reboot your computer. Closing the laptop lid should now evoke an automatic shutdown of your computer.

source post: Easy Linux Tips Project: System hacks for advanced Linux Mint users

Hello, thanks, but it doesn’t work out, not through the command, not through nano, how else can I try?) (there is no such file via nano)

   ~  xed admin:///etc/systemd/logind.conf  :heavy_check_mark:
zsh: correct ‘xed’ to ‘sed’ [nyae]? n
The application xed is not installed. It may be found in the following packages:
community/xed 3.2.8-1 /usr/bin/xed
Do you want to Install package xed? (y/N) N
   ~  nano etc/systemd/logind.conf

FWIW nano is an editor… the file you are looking to edit is located (on Mint) in etc/systemd/logind.conf. I don’t run manjaro and can’t tell you where you will find logind.conf perhaps in /etc/systemd or an equivalent. You can also just install mate-power-manager if you are running xfce and replace the xfce power manager which does not let you do shutdown (mate does).

Manjaro KDE has its own setting, I was looking for such a file, I did not find it, but the setting does not give anything, after switching from 5.24 plasma, everything is as it is with a freeze. I installed the system from scratch, with standard drivers, the result is the same

I can’t help you with that… sorry.

1 Like