Update requests for packages built by Manjaro developers

@nightmare-2021 the latest Telegram Desktop PKGBUILD is not possible to build successful.

Do you have any idea to fix this? My thought is that the libtg_owt package needs to be updated.

Maybe:

Not sure if this is the correct thread as Iā€™m not positive on how all the nvidia drivers work (seems some are maintained by @philm and other packages are straight from arch) anyway. Is it possible to update the drivers to the 470.42.01 nvidia drivers that are now available from arch into unstable so that we can hopefully once again have a stable branch that works for nvidia users once again.

Users on Arch are confirming that this version has fixed the problems with the kernel panic related to the Display Port bug in the current drivers being used in all branches.

Here is reference to where people are saying these drivers have now fixed the problem from nvidiaā€™s support thread.

2 Likes

Close, but no cigar.

It went there. :wink:

Those drivers are still in beta and are not available from Arch, either. When there is a new stable release, @nightmare-2021 will push them to the unstable branch.

Iā€™m Speedy Gonzales :crazy_face:

Iā€™ve just pushed them to unstable.

4 Likes

Thanks for pushing those new drivers into testing so fast. I havenā€™t had time to thoroughly test everything but I did do a clean install of manjaro test branch and these drivers seem to have corrected at least the not being able to boot issue. I fired up steam and a few games using Wine and everything initially seems to be working (might just be the completely clean system but it seems that the games are performing better than before anecdotally not based on any benchmark or testing methods) Iā€™ll find something that uses CUDA and test that later but thanks for getting these into the testing branch so quickly. Iā€™m once again hopeful that Stable branch will be stable for nvidia once again in the future, still have to hold off on upgrading until we can get working drivers back into stable but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Itā€™s now completely removed from the repos.

@Yochanan @Ste74
mutter-x11-scaling 40.3-1 is ready on Gitlab.

Pushed to all branches.

At today, after the stable update of 2021-07-13, these packages (in particular gqrx) no longer works due soapysdr which has been update from 0.7.2-3 to 0.8.0-1.
I noticed it also by another user:

Soā€¦ I ping @nightmare-2021 :slight_smile:

Sure, needs asap a rebuild against soapysdr :wink:

So please update gnuradio-osmosdr to revison -3 and it works again.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Update requests for packages imported from Arch Linux

@Ste74 @Yochanan
Iā€™ve updated mutter-x11-scaling, but somebody needs to build it :wink:

Just pushed mutter-x11-scaling 40.4-1 to unstable.

2 Likes

@Chrysostomus
Iā€™ve pushed bmenu 0.17 with some fixes. :slight_smile:

New upstream version public for systemd 249.4

5 posts were split to a new topic: Package update request discussion

Phil updated it earlier without even seeing your post. Imagine that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Update requests for packages imported from Arch Linux

Pushed to unstable along with autogit 1.5.4. You have access to those repos now. :wink:

1 Like

plymouth-gdm triggers faillock if no fingerprints registered, this can cause you to get permanently locked if youā€™re like me and have a crazy long password. As it spamā€™s the login trying to authenticate with the fingerprint whether youā€™re touching the device or not.

GDM has been fixed in arch

I do not know if this fix will automatically fix plymouth-gdm (or honestly even gdm though). Please review the manjaro packages