[Testing Update] 2021-09-11 - Kernels, LibreOffice, Browsers, Pamac, Pacman, Pipewire, Steam

Hello community,

Another testing branch update with some usual updates for you.

Did you test the latest Pamac?

• Most of our Kernels got updated
  • Pipewire is now at 0.3.35
  • Mozilla Software got updated: Firefox 92, Thunderbird 91
  • The stable version of LibreOffice is now at 7.1.6
  • Pamac is now at 10.2.0, which is again focusing on the desktop first. For mobile start pamac-manager with --mobile switch
  • Pacman is now at 6.0.1
  • Steam client got renewed to fix current known issues
  • Other regular upstream updates

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, Gnome, XFCE. You get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

• linux44 4.4.283
  • linux49 4.9.282
  • linux414 4.14.246
  • linux419 4.19.206
  • linux54 5.4.144
  • linux510 5.10.63
  • linux512 5.12.19 [EOL]
  • linux513 5.13.15
  • linux514 5.14.2
  • linux510-rt 5.10.52_rt47

Package Updates (Sat Sep 11 15:48:56 CEST 2021)

• testing community x86_64: 631 new and 572 removed package(s)
  • testing core x86_64: 34 new and 34 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 530 new and 597 removed package(s)
  • testing kde-unstable x86_64: 376 new and 376 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 20 new and 20 removed package(s)

A detailed list of package changes can be found here.

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

6 Likes

Known issues and solutions

This is a wiki post; please edit as necessary.
Please, consider subscribing to the Testing Updates Announcements RSS feed

New issues:

Older Issues

• OS prober does not run and add other operating systems

Please click the â–ş at the beginning of this line to view this solution

To restore, please execute: echo GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false|sudo tee -a /etc/default/grub && sudo update-grub

For more information, see opening post in [Stable Update] 2021-03-08.

Nvidia card owners

• We simplified nVidia driver installation. This means we dropped legacy drivers.
    • We recommend to switch over to Nouveau drivers if your card is mentioned here and the feature you need is not in red TO DO here for your particular card.

• If you however still need proprietary drivers, you may want to execute the following to ensure all parts of the nVidia drivers get installed properly:

sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300

If proprietary drivers don't fix everything, please click the â–ş at the beginning of this line to view more info
      1. try installing kernel 5.4 LTS (Long Term Support)
      2. If that doesn’t fix it, take a full system backup, go to a console using Ctrl+Alt+F2 and:
      • Backup /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf if you ever edited that manually

• remove all nVidia related drivers and applications:

pacman --remove nvidia*

• Note which applications are being removed and keep them handy in a list

• Install the driver first:

mhwd --install video-hybrid-XXX-nvidia-prime

(Where XXX is amd or intel if you have hybrid graphics or the whole thing is video-nvidia if you’re on an nVidia-only system)

• reboot and see if you at least get a screen.

• Install all the other applications from your handy list that you still need one by one.

• Restore /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf if you ever edited that manually

• If that wouldn’t solve the issue open a new issue here referring to this update and posting at a minimum the full output of:

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width

If you however still have issues with your Nvidia card, you may open a new thread in our forum: Graphics & Display - Manjaro Linux Forum or look at our tutorial on compiling old Nvidia drivers.

For AMD GPU users having a black screen with kernel 5.10

Please click the â–ş at the beginning of this line to view more info

Due to a bug in the AMD drivers, please try the following first:

For GRUB:

1. Open a terminal or a TTY
  2. Open /etc/default/grub in your favourite CLI editor (nano vi, emacs`)
  3. Find the line: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="
  4. Add amdgpu.dc=0
  5. Save
  6. Execute sudo update-grub and reboot

For systemd-boot:

2. Open /boot/loader/entries/manjarolinux5.10.conf in your favourite CLI editor (nano vi, emacs`)
  3. Add amdgpu.dc=0 to the end of the line options
  4. Save & reboot

For rEFInd:

2. Open /boot/refind_linux.conf in your favourite CLI editor (nano vi, emacs`)
  3. Find the line: "Boot using default options" "root=
  4. Add amdgpu.dc=0
  5. Save & reboot

Possible 2 Min delay on shutdown with Gnome

Please click the â–ş at the beginning of this line to view more info
  • If you got the problem with shutdown delay (about 2min) on Gnome, here is a workaround:
    • Edit /usr/lib/systemd/user/gnome-session-restart-dbus.service in your favourite editor as root and add Slice=-.slice as a line all by itself like this:

[Service]
      Type=notify
      Slice=-.slice
      ExecStart=/usr/lib/gnome-session-ctl --restart-dbus

• Click this link For more information

Touchpad on a ThinkPad stops working

• Restart again, please.

You get [PKGNAME] warning: directory permissions differ on [Directory name]

followed by:

Filesystem: NNN package MMM

Please click the â–ş at the beginning of this line to view this solution
  • The solution:

sudo chmod MMM DirectoryName

Where obviously MMM is the second number you see (the correct one)

• The explanation:
    Your package expects the security permissions to be MMM but your system is set to NNN. This is just a warning (today) but to ensure you remain up-to-date with the latest and greatest security rules it’s advised to execute the above command.

Systemd error message: .slice: Failed to migrate controller cgroups

If you have a similar error message like this:

systemd[1004]: -.slice: Failed to migrate controller cgroups from /user.slice/user-1000.slice/user@1000.service, ignoring: Permission denied

… you may need to add this Grub parameter to your /etc/default/grub file in line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT: systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=true. To update your grub menu, call: sudo update-grub. For more information on that issue, see also Arch Forum.

Python 3.9 Requires Rebuilds

Instructions for quickly and easily rebuilding affected AUR packages:

# Install yay
sudo pacman -S --needed --noconfirm yay

# Rebuild AUR python packages
yay -S --noconfirm $(pacman -Qqo "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages")

libtraceevent>=5.9-1 update requires manual intervention

2020-10-23 - SĂ©bastien Luttringer

The libtraceevent package prior to version 5.9-1 was missing a soname link. This has been fixed in 5.9-1, so the upgrade will need to overwrite the untracked files created by ldconfig. If you get any of these errors

libtraceevent: /usr/lib/libtraceevent.so.1 exists in filesystem

when updating, use

pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib/libtraceevent.so.1

to perform the upgrade.

Arch Linux - News: libtraceevent>=5.9-1 update requires manual intervention

OpenVPN connection times out.

Workaround: donwgrade openvpn (2.5.0-1 => 2.4.9-2).
For a proper solution follow this bug report on Arch Linux: FS#68480 : [openvpn] running unprivileged with iproute no longer working

PAM and PAMBASE got updated, which might prevent you from login

Due to updates from pambase and pam you might take care about any .pacnew files in /etc/pam.d as for example pam_tally, pam_tally2 and pam_cracklib got deprecated. Read in the ArchWiki about managing those files.

Typical issue:

For recovery, it is enough to boot with kernel option “systemd.unit=rescue.target”, then proceed into /etc/pam.d and merge “system-auth” and “system-auth.pacnew”

System takes a long time to boot

If you’ve got errors like Failed to start Network Manager Wait Online. you can try removing systemd from passwd and group in /etc/nsswitch.conf as described here
Update: If you can see the line
dbus-daemon[1453]: [system] Connection has not authenticated soon enough, closing it (auth_timeout=30000ms, elapsed: 45146ms)
in in your dbus log ( journalctl -b -u dbus ), the new/better workaround is to switch cups from service to socket as described here:
systemctl disable cups.service
systemctl enable cups.socket

I think I’ve some font problems

With the update of fontconfig some major rules how fonts get applied changed. Make sure that your system has ttf-dejavu installed. A more in depth explanation can be found here.

Please RTFT (Read This Fine Thread) first before reporting the same issues over and over again!

3 Likes

This issue seems to be fixed now, first time in a while I had not to use this command after updating anymore.

3 Likes

Also this error message no longer occurs, since the update of systemd to 248.3

This update is breaking my steam browser to the point that steam-native, steam-runtime (steam-manjaro) and steam beta doesn’t work correctly anymore. The only way for me to browse the store and community pages, including install and uninstall game, from steam client is through big picture mode. I haven’t search anything about this in the internet tho. Everything else are working great as usual.

Steam working properly here. On Steam Beta since previous update. What is the error (start Steam from terminal)?

Oops! Sorry. False alarm. I restarted the steam client (and my PC) and it’s comeback to normal. Maybe it was just a glitch.

PS:
Just to make it clear, I restarted the steam several times before it works again while trying to find solution or error (there wasn’t anything strange reported in console). I rebooted my PC just to make sure it stays working. I also reverted my steam client back to non beta, steam-native and steam-runtime browser are confirmed working again.

PS again:
I don’t know if it meant anything but in steam cef log there are bunch this error that wasn’t shown in console.

Blockquote
[0912/085826.210713:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(270)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer

My steam is working again, so I don’t really care about it. :laughing:

After the update, my Thinkpad X13 cannot find any USB-sticks or moveable SSDs plugged on it. Both of my USB-As has failed.

Using Linux 5.14

Fortunately it can be fixed by rebooting

During the update, and specifically during the check about the available disk space, I got the bunch of warnings about not being able to get the info about the files:

/lib/python3.9/site-packages/packaging-20.9-py3.9.egg-info/
/lib/python3.9/site-packages/packaging-20.9-py3.9.egg-info/PKG-I
NFO
/lib/python3.9/site-packages/packaging-20.9-py3.9.egg-info/SOURC
ES.txt
/lib/python3.9/site-packages/packaging-20.9-py3.9.egg-info/depen
dency_links.txt
/lib/python3.9/site-packages/packaging-20.9-py3.9.egg-info/requi
res.txt
/lib/python3.9/site-packages/packaging-20.9-py3.9.egg-info/top_l
evel.txt

I just checked, and those files do exist in the specified place, so I’m not sure what is the problem.

Switching from Intel to Hybrid mode

However, there is a huge problem with Steam.
Previously, because of the font issue, I had to go back from beta to stable version. After the update, the stable version worked fine as before. So I switched back to Steam beta (which I was running for the past few years) and… I got the black Library and Store screens, meaning the font issue is still there. So I went back to stable Steam again and… still have the black screen.
I’m not sure what to do. Steam is borked now. Downgrade the Steam client? Looks like this update just broke it instead of fixing it.

Reboot didn’t help.
UPDATE:
When running stem in terminal just by using “steam” I got:

Running Steam on manjarolinux 21.1.2 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Steam runtime environment up-to-date!
Steam client's requirements are satisfied
WARNING: Using default/fallback debugger launch
/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam
WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work.

I’m using steam-native.

When I run steam as usual:
STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1 steam
it works, but still with the black screen (again beta version).

I still have WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work. but the process is not stopped there.

There are also:

(steam:3252): GLib-CRITICAL **: 11:28:27.575: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed

(steam:3252): GLib-CRITICAL **: 11:28:27.575: g_main_context_pop_thread_default: assertion 'g_queue_peek_head (stack) == context' failed
Steam: An X Error occurred
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request:  40 (X_TranslateCoords)
Resource id in failed request:  0xe01cd5
Serial number of failed request:  3363

That is interesting, it appears the steam beta fixed the Freetype2 issue for most rather than the opposite. Have you tried running steam-native?

Yes, I’ve been using steam-native for the past few years. I update the info above.

UPDATE: I’m not sure what is going on. I downgrade the steam-manjaro package and I have black screen on both stable and beta version. So no matter what I do, the freetype issue is still there. Maybe the fix is only working for English locale and not for Polish one?

UPDATE 2: Changing language to English didn’t help. Since the earlier package is also borked, I updated again to the newest version and am switching from beta to stable to see if it fixes anything but still got nothing.

Perhaps, I guess it’s worth having a look to see if the issue also exists for others with Polish (or maybe even non-English?) locales. Probably worth submitting a bug report upstream if none already exists as well.

As updated above, switching to English didn’t help. Looks like downgrading or upgrading also does nothing, so the problem is elsewhere.

My guess is, if I have such issue, there is a chance that some percent of users will have it too. Is there a Steam cache that I can purge or something?

EDIT: I found only download cache. It shouldn’t matter in this issue, but I cleared it, just to be sure. Nothing has changed of course.

UPDATE:
I also get warnings:

(steam:9146): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: 11:51:53.176: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

Maybe this includes any hints:

Runtime for steamwebhelper: overridden to 1
+ exec /home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/1/scripts/switch-runtime.sh --runtime=/home/michaldybczak/.loca
l/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/1 -- ./steamwebhelper -lang=pl_PL -cachedir=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/config/htmlc
ache -steampid=9146 -buildid=1631237534 -steamid=76561198213702649 -cachedir=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/confi
g/htmlcache -steamuniverse=Public -realm=Global -clientui=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/clientui --enable-blink-
features=ResizeObserver,Worklet,AudioWorklet --enable-media-stream --enable-smooth-scrolling --password-store=basic --log
-file=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/logs/cef_log.txt --disable-quick-menu

UPDATE 2:
It looks it’s not the freetype issue. There is no freetype error. Here is what I found:

(steam:11628): GLib-CRITICAL **: 12:03:58.973: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed

(steam:11628): GLib-CRITICAL **: 12:03:58.973: g_main_context_pop_thread_default: assertion 'g_queue_peek_head (stack) == context' failed

Is this the issue?

UPDATE 2:
Just to test it, I downgraded fretype2 and the issue persists so I was right, this isn’t freetype2 issue.

Hi, my pamac do not look like the new one.

I did the update yesterday at night, but the GUI has no change.

Edit: MY BAD. By default the screen size just show one column, so, yes, is okay and works great. V. 10.2.0-1

Hi.
Once more, sorry for my english
I did vote for no problem, but I experiment a total keybord and mouse Freeze after few time unactivity (sorry, I did not mesure it). I did uninstall for long time LightDm and connect directly to my session.
I’m unable to run magic-key too but just a hard-reset:
Here is a return .

journalctl -b1 -p3 > ouatzefeuc.txt
[steph@Tour ~]$ cat ouatzefeuc.txt 
-- Journal begins at Sun 2021-01-10 08:51:07 CET, ends at Sun 2021-09-12 14:09:52 CEST. --
janv. 10 08:51:09 Tour systemd-coredump[1327]: Process 1293 (light-locker) of user 1000 dumped core.

Stack trace of thread 1293:
                                               #0  0x00007fbea03c1b28 g_log_structured_array (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x59b28)
                                               #1  0x00007fbea03c2146 g_log_default_handler (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x5a146)
                                               #2  0x00007fbea03c3219 g_logv (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x5b219)
                                               #3  0x00007fbea03c34c0 g_log (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x5b4c0)
                                               #4  0x000056554621694e n/a (light-locker + 0xb94e)
                                               #5  0x00007fbea04cc841 g_type_create_instance (libgobject-2.0.so.0 + 0x30841)
                                               #6  0x00007fbea04bcffe n/a (libgobject-2.0.so.0 + 0x20ffe)
                                               #7  0x00007fbea04be13d g_object_new_with_properties (libgobject-2.0.so.0 + 0x2213d)
                                               #8  0x00007fbea04bec42 g_object_new (libgobject-2.0.so.0 + 0x22c42)
                                               #9  0x00005655462180ff n/a (light-locker + 0xd0ff)
                                               #10 0x00007fbea04cc841 g_type_create_instance (libgobject-2.0.so.0 + 0x30841)
                                               #11 0x00007fbea04bcffe n/a (libgobject-2.0.so.0 + 0x20ffe)
                                               #12 0x00007fbea04be13d g_object_new_with_properties (libgobject-2.0.so.0 + 0x2213d)
                                               #13 0x00007fbea04bec42 g_object_new (libgobject-2.0.so.0 + 0x22c42)
                                               #14 0x0000565546211397 n/a (light-locker + 0x6397)
                                               #15 0x00007fbe9f3cd152 __libc_start_main (libc.so.6 + 0x28152)
                                               #16 0x0000565546211bde n/a (light-locker + 0x6bde)

Stack trace of thread 1306:
                                               #0  0x00007fbe9f49a46f __poll (libc.so.6 + 0xf546f)
                                               #1  0x00007fbea040e93f n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0xa693f)
                                               #2  0x00007fbea03b92b1 g_main_context_iteration (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x512b1)
                                               #3  0x00007fbea03b9302 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x51302)
                                               #4  0x00007fbea03e7ec1 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x7fec1)
                                               #5  0x00007fbe9f38c3e9 start_thread (libpthread.so.0 + 0x93e9)
                                               #6  0x00007fbe9f4a5293 __clone (libc.so.6 + 0x100293)

Stack trace of thread 1308:
                                               #2  0x00007fbea03b9fd3 g_main_loop_run (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x51fd3)
                                               #3  0x00007fbe9f725fe8 n/a (libgio-2.0.so.0 + 0x101fe8)

Stack trace of thread 1307:
                                               #2  0x00007fbea03b92b1 g_main_context_iteration (libglib-2.0.so.0 + 0x512b1)
                                               #3  0x00007fbe9e7a7c0e n/a (libdconfsettings.so + 0x5c0e)
janv. 10 08:51:54 Tour pulseaudio[4253]: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.systemd1.ShuttingDown: Refusing activation, D-Bus is shutting down.
```.
Edit: light-locker is also uninstalled before that boot

What happens if you add the en_US.UTF-8 English US language in KDE settings?

That’s normal

That’s not normal

Try LTS kernel too… try downgrading video drivers then if it doesn’t help, and maybe open a thread at that point. Maybe video related bug. But Steam works.

For me there was one new orphan libcmis, which is no longer required by libreoffice-still. Removed.

I was using intel modestting drivers to test Steam, but when I use Steam, I switch to hybrid drivers.
I added the English in KDE setting and the warning seems to be gone.
Here is the full output in the hybrid mode:

michaldybczak î‚° alienware-PC î‚° ~ î‚° STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1  prime-run steam
Running Steam on manjarolinux 21.1.2 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Steam runtime environment up-to-date!
Steam client's requirements are satisfied
WARNING: Using default/fallback debugger launch
/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam
[2021-09-12 18:02:52] Startup - updater built Sep 10 2021 01:00:36
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1631237534)
[2021-09-12 18:02:52] Loading cached metrics from disk (/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/package/steam_client_metrics.bin)
[2021-09-12 18:02:52] Using the following download hosts for Public, Realm steamglobal
[2021-09-12 18:02:52] 1. https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com, /client/, Realm 'steamglobal', weight was 100, source = 'update_hosts_cached.vdf'
[2021-09-12 18:02:52] 2. https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com, /client/, Realm 'steamglobal', weight was 100, source = 'update_hosts_cached.vdf'
[2021-09-12 18:02:52] 3. http://media.steampowered.com, /client/, Realm 'steamglobal', weight was 1, source = 'baked in'
[2021-09-12 18:02:52] Weryfikowanie instalacji...
[2021-09-12 18:02:52] Verification complete
Loaded SDL version 2.0.17-6744061
Gtk-Message: 18:02:54.292: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 18:02:54.304: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"
/home/michaldybczak/.gtkrc-2.0:21: error: unexpected character ':', expected keyword - e.g. `style'

(steam:6666): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:02:54.307: Nie można odnaleźć modułu obsługującego motyw w module_path: „adwaita”,

(steam:6666): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:02:54.311: Nie można odnaleźć modułu obsługującego motyw w module_path: „adwaita”,
/home/michaldybczak/.themes/WhiteSur-light/gtk-2.0/main.rc:1202: error: unexpected identifier 'direction', expected character '}'
/home/michaldybczak/.themes/WhiteSur-light/gtk-2.0/apps.rc:91: error: unexpected identifier 'direction', expected character '}'
+ exec /home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/1/scripts/switch-runtime.sh --runtime=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/1 -- ./steamwebhelper -lang=pl_PL -cachedir=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/config/htmlcache -steampid=6666 -buildid=1631237534 -steamid=0 -cachedir=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/config/htmlcache -steamuniverse=Public -realm=Global -clientui=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/clientui --enable-blink-features=ResizeObserver,Worklet,AudioWorklet --enable-media-stream --enable-smooth-scrolling --password-store=basic --log-file=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/logs/cef_log.txt --disable-quick-menu
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 165 milliseconds to initialize
Proceed to auto login

(steam:6666): GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:02:55.571: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed

(steam:6666): GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:02:55.571: g_main_context_pop_thread_default: assertion 'g_queue_peek_head (stack) == context' failed
Opted-in Controller Mask for AppId 0: 0

(steam:6666): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:02:55.895: gtk_disable_setlocale() must be called before gtk_init()
local (potentially out of sync) copy of roaming config loaded - 7099 bytes.
roaming config store loaded successfully - 7099 bytes.
migrating temporary roaming config store
BRefreshApplicationsInLibrary 1: 25ms
Failed to init SteamVR because it isn't installed
ExecCommandLine: "'/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam'"
System startup time: 7.13 seconds
+ exec /home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/1/scripts/switch-runtime.sh --runtime=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/1 -- ./steamwebhelper -lang=pl_PL -cachedir=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/config/htmlcache -steampid=6666 -buildid=1631237534 -steamid=76561198213702649 -cachedir=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/config/htmlcache -steamuniverse=Public -realm=Global -clientui=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/clientui --enable-blink-features=ResizeObserver,Worklet,AudioWorklet --enable-media-stream --enable-smooth-scrolling --password-store=basic --log-file=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/logs/cef_log.txt --disable-quick-menu
ExecuteSteamURL: "steam://open/downloads"
+ exec /home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/1/scripts/switch-runtime.sh --runtime=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/1 -- ./steamwebhelper -lang=pl_PL -cachedir=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/config/htmlcache -steampid=6666 -buildid=1631237534 -steamid=76561198213702649 -cachedir=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/config/htmlcache -steamuniverse=Public -realm=Global -clientui=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/clientui --enable-blink-features=ResizeObserver,Worklet,AudioWorklet --enable-media-stream --enable-smooth-scrolling --password-store=basic --log-file=/home/michaldybczak/.local/share/Steam/logs/cef_log.txt --disable-quick-menu

It looks that some warnings appear in one launch and not during others. I’ll try another kernel to see if the critical is gone, however, the same shows in Intel and Nvidia session suggesting that might not be driver related.

Interesting. I switched from kernel 5.14 to 5.13 and the GLib-CRITICAL is gone. However, the issue persists, so that’s not it.

Now the only one thing left to test it is to uninstall steam-native and see if that helps.

UPDATE:
There is some success. I removed steam-native and was able to run prime-run steam and it finally resolved the issue.

So to sum up, when I had steam-native and run it with STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1, the problem was there. However, I couldn’t just launch without STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1, because it won’t launch. Without steam-native it launches with the black screen issue when STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1 is used but works fine without this parameter.

So the issue lies somewhere in the manjaro library files.

UPDATE 2:
I installed steam-native again, run withoutSTEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1, and it works fine. No launching issue as before. It looks like some library got corrupted? At least that’s my guess.

P.S. Some errors show up randomly on some launches, so the issue with Lib-CRITICAL did show up with kernel 5.13… Probably I can ignore it.

Hi
I went from an updated stable kde with kernel 5.14.0 today to try testing branch and kernel 5.14.2. Two things seem to be wrong for me with testing. First audio stopped working, “no output or input devices found” I get on the sound icon. I first suspected a kernel problem but could not get 5.14.0 back from stable when using testing so I switched to 5.13.15 but problem now exists there too so then I’m not so sure it is a kernel problem. Pipewire was upgraded from .34 to .35, maybe it is the problem?
Second, the computer seems to lockup when not used for a while. I can not wake it up, I have to force shutdown by holding power button. Happened twice today already but never happened before. I run 5.13.15 for a while now and see if that could be caused by kernel 5.14.0>5.14.2.
Computer lenovo legion Y530.

Upgrade summary

[2021-09-12T01:51:02+0200] [ALPM] upgraded wireless-regdb (2021.04.21-1 → 2021.08.28-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:02+0200] [ALPM] upgraded wget (1.21.1-1 → 1.21.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:02+0200] [ALPM] upgraded thunderbird (91.1.0-0.1 → 91.1.0-2)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded systemd-sysvcompat (248.7-1 → 249.4-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded steam-manjaro (1.0.0.71-1 → 1.0.0.72-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded python-reportlab (3.5.68-2 → 3.6.1-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded python-pillow (8.3.1-1 → 8.3.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded python-cryptography (3.4.8-1 → 3.4.8-2)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded poppler-data (0.4.10-1 → 0.4.11-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded plasma-wayland-session (5.22.5-1 → 5.22.5-2)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded plasma-workspace (5.22.5-1 → 5.22.5-2)
[2021-09-12T01:51:01+0200] [ALPM] upgraded qt5-webengine (5.15.5-1 → 5.15.6-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:00+0200] [ALPM] upgraded pipewire-media-session (1:0.3.34-1 → 1:0.3.35-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:00+0200] [ALPM] upgraded pamac-gtk (10.1.3-3 → 10.2.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:00+0200] [ALPM] upgraded pamac-cli (10.1.3-3 → 10.2.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:00+0200] [ALPM] upgraded p7zip (1:17.04-1 → 1:17.04-3)
[2021-09-12T01:51:00+0200] [ALPM] upgraded ntfs-3g (2017.3.23-5 → 2021.8.22-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:00+0200] [ALPM] upgraded mpg123 (1.28.2-1 → 1.29.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:51:00+0200] [ALPM] upgraded mjpegtools (2.2.0-1 → 2.2.1-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:52+0200] [ALPM] upgraded linux514-nvidia (470.63.01-1 → 470.63.01-4)
[2021-09-12T01:50:52+0200] [ALPM] upgraded linux514 (5.14.0-0 → 5.14.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libqmi (1.30.0-1 → 1.30.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libpamac-snap-plugin (11.0.1-2 → 11.1.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libpamac-flatpak-plugin (11.0.1-2 → 11.1.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded pipewire (1:0.3.34-1 → 1:0.3.35-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded ostree (2021.3-1 → 2021.4-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libpamac (11.0.1-3 → 11.1.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libhandy (1.2.3-1 → 1.4.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-systemd (248.7-1 → 249.4-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-nss (3.69.1-1 → 3.70-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-libnsl (1.3.0-2 → 2.0.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-libcap (2.53-1 → 2.56-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-harfbuzz (2.9.0-1 → 2.9.1-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-glu (9.0.1-1 → 9.0.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded perl-http-daemon (6.06-3 → 6.12-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded pacman (6.0.0-2 → 6.0.1-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-libxml2 (2.9.10-4 → 2.9.12-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-libidn2 (2.3.1-1 → 2.3.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-krb5 (1.19.1-1 → 1.19.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-vulkan-icd-loader (1.2.184-1 → 1.2.190-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded kpmcore (21.08.0-1.2 → 21.08.1-1.1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded kdenetwork-filesharing (21.08.1-1 → 21.08.1-2)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded qt5-wayland (5.15.2+kde+r29-1 → 5.15.2+kde+r30-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:51+0200] [ALPM] upgraded qt5-base (5.15.2+kde+r215-1 → 5.15.2+kde+r222-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded samba (4.14.7-1 → 4.14.7-2)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libxslt (1.1.34-5 → 1.1.34-6)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded snappy (1.1.9-1 → 1.1.9-2)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded liburing (2.0-1 → 2.1-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded smbclient (4.14.7-1 → 4.14.7-2)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded js78 (78.13.0-1 → 78.14.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded imath (3.1.2-1 → 3.1.3-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded hplip (1:3.21.6-1 → 1:3.21.8-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded liblouis (3.18.0-1 → 3.19.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:50+0200] [ALPM] upgraded imagemagick (7.1.0.5-1 → 7.1.0.6-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded python-distro (1.5.0-3 → 1.6.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded python-setuptools (1:57.4.0-1 → 1:57.4.0-2)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded python-packaging (20.9-1 → 20.9-2)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded python (3.9.6-1 → 3.9.7-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libnsl (1.3.0-2 → 2.0.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded harfbuzz-icu (2.9.0-1 → 2.9.1-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded gzip (1.10-3 → 1.11-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded ghostscript (9.54.0-2 → 9.54.0-3)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded geoclue (2.5.7-3 → 2.5.7-4)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded fuse3 (3.10.4-1 → 3.10.5-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded fuse-common (3.10.4-1 → 3.10.5-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded firefox (91.0.2-1 → 92.0-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded gdbm (1.20-1 → 1.21-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded wayland-protocols (1.21-1 → 1.22-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:49+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libibus (1.5.25-2 → 1.5.25-3)
[2021-09-12T01:50:48+0200] [ALPM] upgraded vulkan-icd-loader (1.2.188-1 → 1.2.190-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:48+0200] [ALPM] upgraded llvm-libs (12.0.1-3 → 12.0.1-4)
[2021-09-12T01:50:48+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libedit (20210522_3.1-1 → 20210714_3.1-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:48+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libsamplerate (0.2.1-1 → 0.2.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:48+0200] [ALPM] upgraded harfbuzz (2.9.0-1 → 2.9.1-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:48+0200] [ALPM] upgraded systemd (248.7-1 → 249.4-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:48+0200] [ALPM] upgraded zimg (3.0.2-1 → 3.0.3-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:48+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libxml2 (2.9.10-9 → 2.9.12-2)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded nss (3.69.1-1 → 3.70-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded f2fs-tools (1.14.0-2 → 1.14.0-3)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libseccomp (2.5.1-2 → 2.5.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded dav1d (0.9.1-1 → 0.9.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded ca-certificates-mozilla (3.69.1-1 → 3.70-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded systemd-libs (248.7-1 → 249.4-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded libcap (2.53-1 → 2.56-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded krb5 (1.19.1-1 → 1.19.2-1)
[2021-09-12T01:50:47+0200] [ALPM] upgraded alsa-card-profiles (1:0.3.34-1 → 1:0.3.35-1)
[2021-09-12T01:46:14+0200] [ALPM] upgraded manjaro-keyring (20210807-2 → 20210910-2)
[2021-09-12T01:46:12+0200] [ALPM] upgraded archlinux-keyring (20210820-1 → 20210902-1)