"sudo: /sbin/vboxconfig: command not found" Error while trying to start virtual machine

i have also tried

pamac install linux510-virtualbox-host-modules

please help me, i’ve also rebooted many times after installation of virtual machine, still i’m getting this error.

Please read this guide and make your post useful:

Actually, I have downloaded Oracle VM Virtual Box in my desktop. And when I’m starting it, it throws an error.

[manjaro ~]# virtualbox
WARNING: The vboxdrv kernel module is not loaded. Either there is no module
available for the current kernel (6.6.26-1-MANJARO) or it failed to
load. Please recompile the kernel module and install it by

sudo /sbin/vboxconfig

You will not be able to start VMs until this problem is fixed.

and, when i run this command “sudo /sbin/vboxconfig” in my terminal, it shows,

sudo: /sbin/vboxconfig: command not found

How can i solve this error. kindly help me

In this day and age when everything is available online, maybe do some searching and reading before you post:

Quite obviously from the posted error, it will be linux66… And not 51

You literally had to click 2 things in the package manager (virtual box and the module, corresponding to your kernel). If you did not manage that and do not know which kernel you booted and how to install from the repos and instead just download things from internet…

1 Like

not able to get the accurate solution

pamac install virtualbox linux66-virtualbox-host-modules

??

@anon51566685 has already linked you to the accurate solution.

Use whatever intelligence you might have to follow the directions, and extrapolate details as needed.

However, in the meantime, a little housekeeping…

Hi @ and welcome to the Manjaro community.

As a new user, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Forum requirements; in particular, the many ways to use the forum to your benefit. To that end, some or all these links will be invaluable:

And last, but not least, the Stable Update Announcements, which you should check frequently for important update related information. Occasionally an issue might be directly related to a particular update; it’s always best to check those announcements.

Do not ignore this.

Cheers.

Simply install gnome-boxes if you could not do anything after reading Manjaro Wiki for Virtualbox

yea, i have used that command. but at the end, i got the following as my output:

Error: linux419-virtualbox-host-modules: signature from “Manjaro Build Server build@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: linux510: signature from “Manjaro Build Server build@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: linux510-virtualbox-host-modules: signature from “Manjaro Build Server build@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: linux66-virtualbox-host-modules: signature from “Manjaro Build Server build@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: Failed to commit transaction: invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):

ok. thanks for your suggestion. I’ll make sure that I’ll follow these.

ok, thanks. i have installed it. but, still getting the same error.

Please provide output from:

inxi --admin --verbosity=8 --filter --no-host --width

Please see the above linked topic

I mean you can use Gnome-Boxes app instead of Virtualbox to run isos on VM .

ok, done.

my current active kernel is

Currently running: 6.6.26-1-MANJARO (linux66)
The following kernels are installed in your system:

• linux419
  • linux66

when I run the second command,

pamac install virtualbox linux$VERSION-virtualbox-host-modules

It shows an error at the end. I get the following output at the end,

Checking keyring… [4/4]
Checking integrity… [4/4]
Error: linux419-virtualbox-host-modules: signature from “Manjaro Build Server build@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: linux510: signature from “Manjaro Build Server build@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: linux510-virtualbox-host-modules: signature from “Manjaro Build Server build@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: linux66-virtualbox-host-modules: signature from “Manjaro Build Server build@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: Failed to commit transaction: invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):

And when I run the command “sudo vboxreload”, it also throws an error. I get the following output every time,

Unloading modules:
Loading modules: modprobe: FATAL: Module vboxnetadp not found in directory /lib/modules/6.6.26-1-MANJARO
modprobe: FATAL: Module vboxnetflt not found in directory /lib/modules/6.6.26-1-MANJARO
modprobe: FATAL: Module vboxdrv not found in directory /lib/modules/6.6.26-1-MANJARO

As @linux-aarhus has already pointed out:

These following instructions are repeated from the Manjaro Wiki VirtualBox article:

Make sure your kernel is supported:

mhwd-kernel -li

If it isn’t, then install one that is: Manjaro Kernels

1. If your kernel is 6.6.x for example (which it is), use 66 in the following command:

sudo pacman -Syu virtualbox linux66-virtualbox-host-modules

2. Reboot your system (important).

3. Start using VirtualBox:

sudo vboxreload 

I hope this helps. Cheers.

Important: You will likely need to first undo all the things you’ve done during your previous attempts.

So, where is that output? :man_shrugging:

ok, fine. i’ll do that.