"Sorry, you can't include links in your posts."

Which fool’s are you talking about, show proof. Also, answer why the permissions are not given as documented? And yes it is taking forum users new and old for children that cannot be trusted! Never had this drama on any of the other forum,s I belong to.

2 Likes

with 1000 registrations per day there are none? great is that these restrictions work wonderfully

For discourse: Levels are just marks of trust, so giving this label on the first day goes against this software.
After 15 days, without forcing, any restriction has disappeared. For a child it may take longer?
Old forum : same thing it took 15 days to pass TL2 like most forum discourses

as writed, 19 people in a topic is not a drama :wink:

I have the impression that you’re confusing things: if we put passwords with linux it’s not that we consider all linux users as children :wink: If you have to pass your driver’s license, it’s not because you’re a child…
If the stable updates come 15 days late it’s not because manjaro view these users as children, there’s a reason - here it’s different but it’s also for a good reason !
And if you never see spammers or trolls on your other forums it may be that there are 10 moderators for 50 registrations per day. Here, at this moment it’s just humanly unmanageable.

3 Likes

I just checked: You’re TL1 as you’re missing the “member” badge.

I’m TL3

It’ll come pretty soon: most very active users get to TL2 in a week.

:hugs:

1 Like

Thank you. Congratulations on making TL3. I know I am TL1. What is so frustrating about the un/mis-documented TL requirements is that I believe I have met the TL2 requirements several days ago, but I do not know for certain because I cannot find the config.yaml (or equivalent) on gitlab the way an open-source project normally works, and there is not even a wiki or FAQ to compare against, only the Discourse defaults, which have been changed, but we don’t know how they have been changed because I cannot find the git commit of the changes.

3 Likes

first datas go from config file but, after admin change field values in a dashboard ; discourse use postgresql DB

You missed this bit in the Discourse Trust Levels:

Trust Level 1 — Basic
At Discourse, we believe reading is the most fundamental and healthy action in any community. If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.
Get to trust level 1 by…
Entering at least 5 topics
Reading at least 30 posts
Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 1 can…
Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
Send PMs
Upload images and attachments if enabled
Edit wiki posts
Flag posts
Mute other users

Emphasis mine: it’s not enabled…

(I’m just a TL3, not an admin nor a mod, please don’t :gun: the messenger…)

:scream:

2 Likes

Once again, I did not miss that. I know that I am a TL1 and that am not allowed to post images, attachments or URLs outside code blocks. What I have said repeatedly is that the only documentation shared has been Discourse defaults. What I have also said, is that based on the Discourse defaults I believe I should be a TL2. However, others have posted that the Discourse defaults have been modified for this forum without sharing the modifications or even the documentation of these changes. So, I cannot even make a well-documented complaint because the TL2 requirements, as implemented on this forum, are hidden from me.

5 Likes

Yes, you seem to have it all and more than others … (maybe stingy “likes”?)
Badges are given by a cron, maybe in a few hours or one day for you ?
It also seems to me that there are some negative points: like receiving flag (I’m not aiming at you!)

2 Likes

Thank you. My point is not that I am claiming my Summary tab looks ‘better’ than some other TL2s and therefore I deserve it, my point is that without any reliable documentation or source config (and thanks for your post that seems to indicate that Discourse only seems to load the initial source config, and later changes can be made directly in the database, so I assume an SQL query is the best way to understand the current implementation), there is no way for me (or any of the others here) to know with certainty what is missing from their Summary so they can participate more meaningfully.

4 Likes

maybe I’m going to say some rubbish …

The rules are much more complex than these writings

• when switching to TL1, the calculation is reset to zero ?
    so, if you were very active before TL1 but shortly after, the user summary is misleading ?
  • Maybe exists a coefficient for some criteria? (as/or 100 likes == 1 solution…)
  • one moderator tag and all is reset in calcul ?
  • it’s a calculation over only the last 15 days ? for TL3 it’s over the last 100 days

To know exactly the calculation it would be necessary to ask the question on the forum discourse, only these developers know the algorithm. Moderators are only users of this “gas factory”

yes, if calculation is simple, but exists 3700 TL1 (and only 120 real TL2 - others TL3… Team) and only one person can make sql request and he already has a lot of work… and if TL0 ask … :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Do stupid actions like liking all posts here and in other threads to try to force things lol, I will go like all your posts to see if it unlocks your badge.

EDIT: done :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for injecting some humor into this thread, but please only like my very best posts.

Seriously, I am not campaigning for TL2 for myself. I am campaigning for openness and transparency.

Edit: You are faster than I am.

2 Likes

Honestly don’t expect anything changing in this regard anytime soon, Admins seem to not care as it is not an issue to them so… whatever take your likes lol you should have 13 + 22 now (but it doesn’t show my likes for now in your profile).

2 Likes

The question is: do we really need to embed images ? we can’t wait a moment ?
With the old forum, this topic would already be infested with “humorous” pictures showing impatience/dissatisfaction. The new forum policy is clear and this topic is doing better.

For links (to messages, images) in technical problems, it is possible to bypass…

That might be other people’s question, but my question is why when many people here request documentation about the requirements to reach each TL; the only two responses are “you don’t need to know” or a pointer to wrong documentation.

4 Likes

already answered :roll_eyes: There is no discourse/ruby developer in the team : they are only discourse users.
First you have to ask on the discourse forum

Criteria have not changed compared to the old forum only the rights(this topic) have changed (link,images)

I am sorry, I missed the answer where the criteria for each TL as implemented on the Manjaro forum was detailed. Could you please point me to it?

:upside_down_face: post 57 for example " Discourse Trust Levels" as writed discourse/here are same criteria

Those are the defaults from Discourse. Are you saying those defaults are unchanged as implemented in Manjaro? If so, I believe there is either a bug in the implementation, or a cron job that is running no more frequently than weekly, because I believe I have far exceeded the requirements for TL2.

2 Likes

Do I have to tell you 10 times?
one last time, If you look at the latest TL2 they don’t have any more than you and there are new TL2 all 4h.
You worry for nothing, apparently it’s imminent for you.

If we display the last, he exceeded you :wink: so it doesn’t look like a bug . you have requirements (…) but you may not be at the top of the list ?

There were the same questions on the old forum (I have all criteria but…) and bad rumors (I give 300 like by day go up, …)