"Sorry, you can't include links in your posts."

maybe I’m going to say some rubbish …

The rules are much more complex than these writings

• when switching to TL1, the calculation is reset to zero ?
    so, if you were very active before TL1 but shortly after, the user summary is misleading ?
  • Maybe exists a coefficient for some criteria? (as/or 100 likes == 1 solution…)
  • one moderator tag and all is reset in calcul ?
  • it’s a calculation over only the last 15 days ? for TL3 it’s over the last 100 days

To know exactly the calculation it would be necessary to ask the question on the forum discourse, only these developers know the algorithm. Moderators are only users of this “gas factory”

yes, if calculation is simple, but exists 3700 TL1 (and only 120 real TL2 - others TL3… Team) and only one person can make sql request and he already has a lot of work… and if TL0 ask … :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Do stupid actions like liking all posts here and in other threads to try to force things lol, I will go like all your posts to see if it unlocks your badge.

EDIT: done :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for injecting some humor into this thread, but please only like my very best posts.

Seriously, I am not campaigning for TL2 for myself. I am campaigning for openness and transparency.

Edit: You are faster than I am.

2 Likes

Honestly don’t expect anything changing in this regard anytime soon, Admins seem to not care as it is not an issue to them so… whatever take your likes lol you should have 13 + 22 now (but it doesn’t show my likes for now in your profile).

2 Likes

The question is: do we really need to embed images ? we can’t wait a moment ?
With the old forum, this topic would already be infested with “humorous” pictures showing impatience/dissatisfaction. The new forum policy is clear and this topic is doing better.

For links (to messages, images) in technical problems, it is possible to bypass…

That might be other people’s question, but my question is why when many people here request documentation about the requirements to reach each TL; the only two responses are “you don’t need to know” or a pointer to wrong documentation.

4 Likes

already answered :roll_eyes: There is no discourse/ruby developer in the team : they are only discourse users.
First you have to ask on the discourse forum

Criteria have not changed compared to the old forum only the rights(this topic) have changed (link,images)

I am sorry, I missed the answer where the criteria for each TL as implemented on the Manjaro forum was detailed. Could you please point me to it?

:upside_down_face: post 57 for example " Discourse Trust Levels" as writed discourse/here are same criteria

Those are the defaults from Discourse. Are you saying those defaults are unchanged as implemented in Manjaro? If so, I believe there is either a bug in the implementation, or a cron job that is running no more frequently than weekly, because I believe I have far exceeded the requirements for TL2.

2 Likes

Do I have to tell you 10 times?
one last time, If you look at the latest TL2 they don’t have any more than you and there are new TL2 all 4h.
You worry for nothing, apparently it’s imminent for you.

If we display the last, he exceeded you :wink: so it doesn’t look like a bug . you have requirements (…) but you may not be at the top of the list ?

There were the same questions on the old forum (I have all criteria but…) and bad rumors (I give 300 like by day go up, …)

I agree with your point
If Discourse trust level requirements have been changed the changes should be published

your not getting awarded TL2 status seems very likely to be due to a change to the ‘1 like given’ requirement. so if you were to click like on one post every 2 or 3 days, we might be able to work out the new number of likes required here

looking at some new TL2 profiles it appears that 3 may be the new minimum for likes given

1 Like

Thank you, the documentation https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/ for the default discourse TL2 requires only one like, which I have given days ago.

2 Likes

Does that mean there is a manual step, not a cron job, let alone immediate database query result?

100,000 thousandth time
but why do you keep repeating yourself here when it is only possible to find the answer on another forum?
Or the only goal here, with your posts, is to improve your CV to move to TL2

And bravo you are proud to have only 1 like … you give the impression that you want to do the minimum for a badge (pasteboard)
I guess you weren’t on the old forum, no one has ever gone up a level when they had the strict minimum, discourse not work has this.

2 Likes

The higher the Trust Level, also means the higher the responsibility. I’m not that used to how Discourse works, either, but this seems a good compromise between some enthusiastic members getting (understandably) frustrated and the Mods having to remove a mountain of junk (which I’ve experienced in the past).

If you contribute, you will likely get noticed. If you demand promotion, that might not be such a good option for your cause …

2 Likes

I am 66 years old so you cannot feed me a line of bull. Now I really hate debating with anyone especially someone that has no idea of what he speaks. Peace :v:

3 Likes

Temporarily closed to let folks step away and cool down. If folks are so eager to earn their keep, find a #support post that needs an answer, maybe. :wink:

This:

Plastered with emoticons I agree with, but showing emotion on a forum is a useful thing and should not be dismissed as trivial or unnecessary. Perhaps a little notice on how to responsibly use emoticons might be helpful?

I understand the forum is primarily technical but it is good to remember that part of Manjaro’s good reputation comes not just from the excellence of the distribution but also from the friendliness and humanity of it’s forum. Just a thought… :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes