Pamac is broken

Sorry, i understand you guys now.

1 Like

Meanwhile, im trying to find the thread i tried the commands from or is there something better i can help you with?

Its by the way only the flatpak, aur and snap packages i install manually that arent working right now.

Search results for 'invalid or corrupted database' - Manjaro Linux Forum.

Selfcontained apps in snap and flatpak format is only supported by whoever created it.

Custom packages from AUR should only be used with Manjaro unstable branch

Please provide the output to the following:

pamac checkupdates --force-refresh

And please, run it from a terminal so you can copy-and-paste the output.

2 Likes

found the thread, this is what i did

i did it because the thing with the updates was there before so when i tried to update manually i didnt work and i got the error message i mentioned before. It worked for a few days, but now like i said i cant install things.

The best way to get your system corrupted is by installing packages without updating your system first.

What is the output of… :point_down:

inxi -Fazy

…?

Please see reread these commants #15 and #8

2 Likes

Its long, im sorry, but can you tell me what output you need exactly.

I think this thread goes really wrong here. We should go back to basics and understand what the problem here is. Pamac is a graphical program, but also can be used as a terminal program to update your system and also install additional software thru flatpak and snaps plus the AUR.

The best thing is to turn all those 3rd party options in settings off and try to do a system update. @zuluugugulumugu you can simply open a terminal window and issue pamac update and post the result. Also checking your /var/log/pacman.log file will give you a clue which updates were done on the OS side of things. Snaps and Flatpaks are separate systems of how you can install software. The AUR may interfere with regular OS updates.

Posting the output of inxi -Fazy will give a general idea of your system.

Article to read: https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-open-terminal-in-linux/

3 Likes

#8 is exactly the things i did, that were proposed in the thread i sent you, isnt it?

All of it. See @Mirdarthos’ post above for how to insert the output in your post.

I know how, but i feel like there is information i dont want to share.

Do you want to be helped or not?

Not that way, i try to fix it myself then.

Thank you for the help guys, you can close this thread now.

You can always review the output you see on your screen before sharing anything. At least the desktop environment and kernel you use is something of interest. There are common info and personal info, the later you can avoid to share. Like I use linux65 and used the Gnome install media 22.1 to get Manjaro installed.

When i find some of the information helpful, i come back later and mark it as solution.

If you want us to troubleshoot a problem, then we need information about your system, and we need to see the error messages verbatim. No guesses, no vague descriptions.

If for whatever reason you do not want to cooperate, then please stop wasting our time. We are all only unpaid volunteers here.

1 Like

Also, if you’d have read and worked through the links for the info I sent you, you’d have seen there is no personally identifiable information in the output.

:point_down:

3 Likes

I told you im sorry. Its not information i want to share. You can delete my account, i befind this community to be very unfriendly. Good bye.

Thread is going nowhere and getting there fast. Member does not want to be helped. :man_shrugging: