Since the change from netclt my wifi stopped working.
Wifi on the installation disk works perfectly, but the OS installed on my Surface Pro doesn’t.
I’ve got the following output:
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88W8897 [AVASTAR] 802.11ac Wireless
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88W8897 [AVASTAR] 80>
Subsystem: SafeNet (wrong ID) Device 045e
Kernel driver in use: mwifiex_pcie
Kernel modules: mwifiex_pcie
I think I need to install the device driver?
I’ve tried ip link but it can’t find anything. It should show as wlp1s0.
In order for us or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:
Hope you manage!
To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:
This will just cause it to be rendered like this:
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
tortor sit leo commodo.
Instead of like this:
Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.
Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.
According to linux-harware.org it works:
So it seems it might be a different reason.