No sound Xiaomi Redmi Book 16 2024 (Intel Ultra 125H)

Hello, I have installed Manjaro (with KDE) on this laptop, and there’s no sound. I’ve upgraded the system to the last testing, and the kernel to 6.10rc, and it didn’t help

In the setting there is one audio card “Meteor Lake-P HD Audio Controller” which is disabled (Off) by default. If I select “Pro Audio” in dropdown, There are 5 playback devices and 2 microphones. And no one works, but the system behaves like they do. In preinstalled windows everything was working

While discovering Internet I found these commands to see info about sound devices. But then I tried to find something about them and about errors in log, nothing helped

   ~  sudo aplay -lL                                                                                 ✔ 
[sudo] password for user: 
null
    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
lavrate
    Rate Converter Plugin Using Libav/FFmpeg Library
samplerate
    Rate Converter Plugin Using Samplerate Library
speexrate
    Rate Converter Plugin Using Speex Resampler
jack
    JACK Audio Connection Kit
oss
    Open Sound System
pipewire
    PipeWire Sound Server
pulse
    PulseAudio Sound Server
speex
    Plugin using Speex DSP (resample, agc, denoise, echo, dereverb)
upmix
    Plugin for channel upmix (4,6,8)
vdownmix
    Plugin for channel downmix (stereo) with a simple spacialization
    Default ALSA Output (currently PipeWire Media Server)
sysdefault:CARD=sofhdadsp
    sof-hda-dsp, 
    Default Audio Device
usbstream:CARD=sofhdadsp
    sof-hda-dsp
    USB Stream Output
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 0: HDA Analog (*) []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 3: HDMI1 (*) []
card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 4: HDMI2 (*) []
card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 5: HDMI3 (*) []
card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 31: Deepbuffer HDA Analog (*) []

   ~  journalctl -k | grep -Ei "ALSA|HDA|sof[-]|HDMI|snd[_-]|sound|hda.codec|hda.intel" | tail  -  
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: no matching blob for sample rate: 48000 sample width: 32 channels: 4
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: failed to prepare widget dai-copier.DMIC.dmic01.capture
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: Failed to prepare connected widgets
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: error: failed widget list set up for pcm 6 dir 1
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: ASoC: error at snd_soc_pcm_component_hw_params on 0000:00:1f.3: -22
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: no matching blob for sample rate: 48000 sample width: 32 channels: 4
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: failed to prepare widget dai-copier.DMIC.dmic01.capture
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: Failed to prepare connected widgets
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: error: failed widget list set up for pcm 6 dir 1
июн 30 17:03:58 user-redmibookpro162024 kernel: sof-audio-pci-intel-mtl 0000:00:1f.3: ASoC: error at snd_soc_pcm_component_hw_params on 0000:00:1f.3: -22

Also I’ve found strange that in Manjaro Settings every devices are marked as "Unknown device name (Intel Corporation)

Hi @light-and-ray, and welcome!

In order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Please also note and heed: Forum Rules - Manjaro

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please edit your post accordingly.

I did everything right. My system is in english (dates language is dependent on timezone and can’t be changed), and I’ve paste log correctly. Why did you send this?

Because it was a reply to a first-time poster, so I sent it so you’d know, for the future if nothing else.

At the barest minimum, please post the outputs of the following commands, so that others may help more effectively:

# Information about your system
inxi --admin --verbosity=8 --filter --no-host --width

# Recent logs
journalctl --boot=-1 --priority=3 --catalog --no-pager

Good luck.

Do you have a patchbay installed (qpwgrapgh, helvum etc) to manage connections for pro-audio devices running in pipewire-jack ?

Nope. But it looks like it can help me.

I installed these 3 packages from pacman: pavucontrol pipewire-jack-client helvum. Sound didn’t appear after rebooting. I think I need to set up something

helvum shows me that scheme:

pavucontrol looks like a copy of kde’s settings:

Can you help me, how I need to set up these pro audio software?

Why I can’t include links and images?
https:// telegra . ph / screenshots-07-01-68

New users have limited privileges; the ability to post live links is one of those limitations. Once you have interacted with the forum sufficiently, those limitations will begin to disappear.

In the meantime, a good workaround for links is to post the full URL between two backticks, like this:

`https://telegra.ph/screenshots-07-01-68`

In this way, the link can still be easily copied and pasted as needed.

I hope this helps. Cheers.