Need Skanlite app to detect wifi scanner device

I am using Canon Pixma Ts7450 series wifi capable scanner+printer device. Skanlite app doesn’t seem to recognize this scanner. Any suggestion how to make it work?

Hi @s8srahme,

Without more information, this is just a shot in the dark. But perhaps your Drivers for that aren’t installed. It sounds like it. There does seem to nee some kind of driver for that device in the AUR:

$ pamac search 7450
cnijfilter-ts7450series                                                                                                                                                                                                                         6.10-1  AUR
Canon IJ Printer Driver for Linux for Pixma 7450 series and other based on 6.10 version

So you could try and install it to see if it helps:

pamac build cnijfilter-ts7450series

Followed by a reboot to see if it worked. If not, reply and tell us. Also provide more information:

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please edit your post accordingly.

Just note: If it does work and you continue using it, it’ll have to be rebuilt any- and every time there’s a change/update to your current, or you change to a different kernel.

Installing cnijfilter-ts7450series package helped to make the printing functionalities detected. but I have no luck with scanning capabilities. I tried Skanlite app, which doesn’t detect my scanner though.

It looks like the following should work for the scanner:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/scangearmp2-sane-git

pamac build scangearmp2-sane-git

Or:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/scangearmp2

skanlite is available from the official repositories, though I am not sure that is what is needed here.

pamac install skanlite

Skanlite just looks like basic scanning software like gscan2pdf, vuescan, xsane, etc.

1 Like

scangearmp2 did the job. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.