Mouse jumps back on scroll

For around 2 weeks my mouse behaves strangely on random occasions. I scroll down and many times it jumps up (scrolls up).

Dell G15 5510
Kernel: 6.1.11-1-MANJARO
Desktop: GNOME v: 43.2
Logitech K235 wireless keyboard + mouse

I checked on a windows machine and there I was not able to reproducate the problem, so I guess it is some driver issue.

Hi @rrd,

That is quite a new kernel, does it happen on other kernels? Because the drivers are baked into the kernel, so if it is a driveer, perhaps a different kernel would help.

I rebooted to 6.0.19 and 5.15.93 and my mouse behaves the same.

In that case, please provide the details as per

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please edit your post accordingly.

I just switched to kernel 6.1.12-1 LTS (KDE) and I can confirm this weird behavior of random mouse jumps while scrolling. My mouse is Logitech Performance MX. The experience is just horrible and it just appeared, but until a few minutes back I never had this issue on kernels 5.x. Couldn’t find any helpful info out there, since people tend to point at mice hardware cleaning and what not, but I can assure you this has to be related to kernel 6.x + mouse driver somehow.

EDIT: Apparently, the following driver causes such issues: hid-logitech-hidpp.c and the last normally working driver was from linux 6.0.19. More info:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=282852

1 Like

For me it seems the problem is coming ang going. A few days ok, then a few days crazyness. Toucpad seems to work all the time.

Suffered a similar problem a while back, then I realised the battery was near kaput. New battery solved the problem.