Manjaro won't load up the login form, stuck in displaying Manjaro logo

My machine runs Manjaro Gnome.

Manjaro won’t load the login form after displaying Manjaro’s logo and animation, just a black screen and it’s logo down below.

Thanks for your attention.

However, there is no detail there! as I mentioned, just a black screen and Manjaro logo below the screen after 2-3 seconds of loading animation spinning!

I did nothing.

Well, then I’m sorry, but my crystal ball was unable to give any details about your hardware, your kernel, whether you are using any proprietary drivers, et al. :man_shrugging:

Hi @amircodes,

As @Aragorn said, our :crystal_ball: is acting up. So we need you to provide more information. Best would be to boot a live environment, from there enter a**chroot** environment, run the commands and provide the neccessary information.

How to chroot

1. Ensure you’ve got a relatively new ISO or at least one with a still supported LTS kernel.

2. Write/copy/dd the ISO to a USB thumb drive.

3. When done, boot with the above mentioned USB thumb drive into the live environment.

4. Once booted, open a terminal and enter the following command to enter the chroot encironment:

manjaro-chroot -a
  1. If you have more than one Linux installation, select the correct one to use from the list provided.

When done, you should now be in the chroot environment.

But, be careful, as you’re now in an actual root environment on your computer, so any changes you make will persist after a restart.

And then, In order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Please also note and heed: Forum Rules - Manjaro

Providing terminal output

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

When posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, before AND after the pasted text. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Sed
sollicitudin dolor
eget nisl elit id
condimentum
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.

Instead of like this:

Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

2 Likes

I supposed i need to give information on the OS running in my machine itself.

Here is the machine’s hardware:

Dell XPS 15 9550
16G DDR4 Ram

• 16G DDR4 Ram
  • 512 SSD
  • Processor Core i7 6th Generation
  • Processor Speed 6700HQ Core i7
  • Processor cache: 6 MB
  • Graphics Card nVidia Graphics, NVidia GTX 960M

At the end, The only thing I did last time was installing Conda + running pacman -Syu then stopping it.

Suspect identified… :frowning_man:

Do you mean that you interrupted the update process?

That does not equal to:

Why…why would you do that? But anyway, read here:

1 Like

Yeah i interrupted the update.

3 Likes

In that case, please let thine eyes peruse the powerful witchcraft in this gloriously written tutorial… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thine evil sorcery is faster than mine, Warlock of the Southern Hemiphere. :crazy_face: :rofl:

:laughing:

My archives are just well organised.

Edit:

And it is no evil sorcery. It is white magic. I heals. It cherishes. It’s not back.

:thinking:

Perhaps it’s even green…

1 Like

That is good, Preciousss. We doesn’t want more carbon dioxideses in the atmosphere. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smile:

No, we don’t.

Manjaro: the green distribution.

Manjaro: the only green distribution.

1 Like

Nyet, Tovarich — dyere ees also dees won… :arrow_down:

Looks wirry green to me, espeshullee ifter dreenkeeng wodka. :crazy_face:

Ahem…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Hmmm…It’s not the original either, so…

Manjaro: the quick-moving green distribution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.