I want to uninstall android studio from my device and reinstall it

Installed it by unzipping the tar file and running the studio.sh file. I have made a mistake and want to re-install it. Please help I am new to Manjaro!

Hi @adarsh, and welcome!

You can ditch the cry for help, seeing as everyone here knows that’s why you’re here.

That is something you shouldn’t do, not with Linux and not Manjaro in particular.

The only way to remove it now is to undo what the script did, so that would be necessary to start with.

I think you should go thorough this:

And then:

And keep this in mind for the Forum:

Please also note and heed: Forum Rules - Manjaro

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please edit your post accordingly.

1 Like

While this is generally true, in that particular case the start script does not install anything and runs the program from the folder. So if you want to reset your user settings in the program and start anew, all you have to do is to look at/delete the ~/.config/Google/… folder where the settings are kept.
But i am not sure you have to be developing anything under linux if have no basic understanding for the OS (yes, not reading the readme, not opening the .sh script, not knowing about the .config folder is lack of basic linux competence). Maybe stick with windows for now?

simply delete the files from your home

Once you delete the files from your home, android-studio is available from the AUR. The easiest way for you to install it would be via pamac GUI or in terminal:

pamac build android-studio

In that particular case it does not matter much, he will maybe have semiautomatic updates and an icon. That aur pkgbuild pretty much just unzips and copies the files in /opt.
His problem is the config folder.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.