Can't boot when the power cable is not plugged in

hello! please help me i can’t boot into the system when the power cable is not plugged into my laptop but when I try again with the power cable plugged in I can boot normally. what should i do? is changing kernel will solve this problem ?

here the journalctl -xe -p3 -b-1 result:

Mei 24 20:26:43 space-cavalry kernel: x86/cpu: SGX disabled by BIOS.
Mei 24 20:26:47 space-cavalry kernel: 
Mei 24 20:27:32 space-cavalry kernel: ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.PGON due to previous error (AE_AML_LOOP_TIMEOUT) (20210730/psparse-529)
Mei 24 20:27:32 space-cavalry kernel: ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PG00._ON due to previous error (AE_AML_LOOP_TIMEOUT) (20210730/psparse-529)
Mei 24 20:27:34 space-cavalry kernel: nvidia 0000:01:00.0: can't change power state from D3cold to D0 (config space inaccessible)
Mei 24 20:27:34 space-cavalry kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:01:00.1: can't change power state from D3cold to D0 (config space inaccessible)
Mei 24 20:27:34 space-cavalry kernel: snd_hda_codec_hdmi hdaudioC0D0: Unable to sync register 0x7f0800. -5

Hi @space_cowboy1997, and welcome!

In order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Hope you manage!

Tip:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

To me, it kind of sounds like the kernel, so have you tried with a different kernel?

no, my current kernel is 5.15.41-1 should i give a try to the 5.17.9-1?

It’s worth a try, in my opinion.

thank for your help now i can boot normally, i change kernel to 5.17 it fix my problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.