Hello ARM community.
This seems to be the update of point releases!
- Most of our kernels got updated
- Plasma got updated to 5.22.3
- A new version of Firefox brings it to 90.0.1
- Plasma Mobile Gear released version 21.07 of their applications
- Added MyGNUHealth, Box64, Timeshift and Spot-Client to the repositories
- Systemd is updated to 249.1
- And Pipewire got a new point release with 0.3.32
- Gnome updated to 40.3
- Lots of updated packages for our Mobile offerings
- The regular Python updates
- And regular updates from upstream
How to use Kodi RPI on Manjaro ARM
If anyone wants to test kodi on the rpi, install these packages:
sudo pacman -S kodi-rpi kodi-rpi-dev kodi-rpi-eventclients kodi-rpi-tools-texturepacker linux-rpi4 xf86-video-fbturbo-git
This means the kodi.service file need to replace whatever login manager you have installled. In my case I would:
sudo systemctl disable lightdm.service
sudo systemctl enable kodi.service
They recommend removing custom configs in config.txt. We ran into an issue if a value was set with gpu_mem=.
My config.txt with a bit of overclocking:
over_voltage=5 arm_freq=2000 #gpu_mem=64 #disable this initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel kernel=kernel8.img arm_64bit=1 disable_overscan=1 #enable sound dtparam=audio=on hdmi_drive=2 #enable vc4 dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512 #max_framebuffers=2 #disable cause kodi uses more dtoverlay=rpivid-v4l2 disable_fw_kms_setup=1
The default user will be kodi
kodi home directory will be /var/lib/kodi
So put test video in /var/lib/kodi/Videos so you can get to it
after setting up the video directory in kodi.
If you used the Manjaro ARM Installer or is using PinePhone or PineTab, you need to redo your passwords, because of an update to
Chromium will loose sync support in early March:
Arch Linux - News: Chromium losing Sync support in early March
ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention:
zn_poly packages requires manual intervention:
firewalld requires manual intervention:
(Fri Jul 23 10:33:20 CEST 2021)
- arm-stable community aarch64: 727 new and 691 removed package(s)
- arm-stable core aarch64: 46 new and 47 removed package(s)
- arm-stable extra aarch64: 770 new and 767 removed package(s)
- arm-stable kde-unstable aarch64: 399 new and 398 removed package(s)
See all the package changes here !
We are in need of testers for our arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.
All you have to do to switch to this branch is:
- Run this command to switch branch:
sudo pacman-mirrors -aS testing && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.
We would then love for you to give feedback in our update posts in #manjaro-arm:arm-testing-updates. That way we can better find and fix bugs, before they hit arm-stable branch. Thank you!
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: