[Testing Update] 2024-06-11 - Mesa, KDE Frameworks, Octopi, LibreOffice

Hello community, here we have another set of package updates.

Current Promotions

• Find out all about our current Gaming Laptop the Hero with Manjaro pre-installed from Spain!
  • Protect your personal data, keep yourself safe with Surfshark VPN: 85% OFF + 2 mo. FREE

Recent News

• Philip will be at Computex and show off the OrangePi Neo
  • Manjaro Team member @romangg has a new library project with a guest post on Phoronix.
Previous News
Finding information easier about Manjaro

Finding information easier about Manjaro always has been a topic that needed to be solved. With our new search we have put all Manjaro data accessible in one place and divided by sections so it makes it easier to digest: New Manjaro search engine is available | Blog

Notable Package Updates

• Mesa 24.1.1
  • InputPlumber 0.23.1
  • due to issues reported with changing the defaults for Nvidia driver 550.90.07 we reverted back to the upstream defaults for DRM handling
  • Octopi 0.16.1
  • OpenGamepadUI 0.32.6
  • KDE Frameworks 6.3.0
  • LibreOffice 24.2.4
  • OpenSearch 2.14.0
  • regular Haskell and Python updates

Additional Info

Python 3.12 info

:information_source: You will need to rebuild any AUR Python packages that install files to site-packages or link to libpython3.11.so. :information_source:

Print a list of of packages that have files in /usr/lib/python3.11/ :

pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.11/

Rebuild them all at once:*

pamac build $(pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.11)

* Note that if any fail to build, you’ll have to rebuild what’s remaining one or a few at a time.

Use rebuild-detector to see if anything else needs to be rebuilt:

checkrebuild
Info about AUR packages

:warning: AUR (Arch User Repository) packages are neither supported by Arch nor Manjaro. Posts about them in Announcements topics are off-topic and will be flagged, moved or removed without warning.

For help with AUR packages, please create a new topic in AUR and a helpful volunteer may be able to assist you.

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, GNOME, XFCE. You can get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

Our current supported kernels

• linux419 4.19.315
  • linux54 5.4.277
  • linux510 5.10.218
  • linux515 5.15.160
  • linux61 6.1.92
  • linux66 6.6.32
  • linux68 6.8.12
  • linux69 6.9.3
  • linux610 6.10-rc3
  • linux61-rt 6.1.83_rt28
  • linux66-rt 6.6.30_rt30
  • linux67-rt 6.7_rt6

Package Changes (Tue Jun 11 05:29:49 CEST 2024)

• testing core x86_64: 11 new and 11 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 1026 new and 1033 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 21 new and 21 removed package(s)

A list of all package changes can be found here

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

2 Likes

Known issues and solutions

This is a wiki post; please edit as necessary.
Please, consider subscribing to the Testing Updates Announcements RSS feed

Please RTFT (Read This Fine Thread) first before reporting the same issues over and over again!

:arrow_right: 2024-06-11

2024-06-03

:warning: Linux 6.8 is EOL

Linux 6.8 is EOL and will - at some point - be removed from the repo.

:warning: Linux 6.7 is EOL
Linux 6.7 is EOL and will - at some point - be removed from the repo.

Suggestion is to install latest LTS to be sure

sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux66

2024-05-18

Shutdown Issues on some AMD systems (fixed in latest kernels)
  • Problem: Kernel updates 6.1.91-1 and 6.6.31-1 break shutdown and suspend/resume on the Framework 16 (Ryzen 7 7840HS, no GPU).
  • Solution: kernels were patched - please update to 6.1.92 / 6.6.32 / 6.8.11 / 6.9.2
  • Issue tracking: framework forums

2024-05-14

No plasma interface with kernel 6.9 + Nvidia gpu + Wayland

If you encouter a black screen with no inteface after login in, it’s probably a problem with simpledrm loading.

To solve it add nvidia_drm.fbdev=1 to /etc/default/grub
in the line begining with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=" .
Verify that you also have nvidia_drm.modeset=1 in the same line.
Then exec sudo update-grub

Also, verify that you have nvidia_drm in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf in the MODULES= or HOOKS= line.
Exemple :

MODULES=(nvidia nvidia_modeset nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm)

If it was not present, then run sudo mkinitcpio -P after adding it.

2024-05-08

Qemu: MacOS is not bootable with 9.0

Due to a bug MacOS is not bootable with 9.0: [9.0.0] qemu breaks mac os vm (#2334) · Issues · QEMU / QEMU · GitLab
Workaround: remove virtio-serial and org.qemu.guest_agent.0 from libvirt XML until bug will be fixed.

2024-05-02

The default KDE Plasma session has been changed to X11

As of Plasma 6, KDE decided to make Wayland the default. However, since issues were discovered, we have reverted the default to X11. Users are free to choose whichever works best for them.

Previous testing threads:

The update of June 11, 2024.
I use AMD graphic card.
This update killed the Wayland session completely.

1. I updated my Manjaro OS, 2. Rebooted on kernel 6.9.3, 3 Inserted password on the Welcome screen. 4. Got a highly distorted image and the blinking screen. 5. Rebooted and changed the session to the X11 one, everything was OK. So no way to login under Wayland after today’s update.

Confirmed: Wayland session is impossible for me.

Can not confirm, same kernel, AMD graphic card. Autologin.
test: turn off autologin, reboot, try x11, reboot, try wayland…

I have an issue with a flatpak package. Though, i do not know if the issue occurs with every flatpak app because i have only one.

Nonetheless, KeePassXC does not start anymore since the update.
It’s probably due to Nvidia update, here is the error.

qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
juin 11 14:22:34 <username> flatpak[2112]: qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
juin 11 14:22:34 <username> flatpak[2112]: Could not initialize GLX
juin 11 14:22:34 <username> systemd[1]: Started Process Core Dump (PID 2116/UID 0).
juin 11 14:22:34 <username> systemd-coredump[2117]: [🡕] Process 2112 (keepassxc) of user 1000 dumped core.

Stack trace of thread 2:
                                                   #0  0x000078d2362a3e14 n/a (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 + 0x90e14)
                                                   #1  0x000078d236251dce n/a (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 + 0x3edce)
                                                   #2  0x000078d23623983f n/a (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 + 0x2683f)
                                                   #3  0x000078d23689e0ab n/a (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5.15.10 + 0x9e0ab)
                                                   #4  0x0000000000000000 n/a (n/a + 0x0)
                                                   ELF object binary architecture: AMD x86-64

Apparently, there is an issue with GLX module. Do not know how to resolve it.
In /var/log/Xorg.0.log, there is no error.

Check this: Some Flatpak Qt Apps fail to start after latest Update

1 Like

Oh my godness !! Of course, it has not been updated :pray:

EDIT : Problem resolved, thank you :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: How can I change screen resolution at boot

Cannot confirm this. Might be a specific issue with the new mesa version and your Graphics card series/model.
7900XT here

Downgraded Plymouth to 22.02.122-18 and everythign is back to normal. Seems to be an issue with the newer version included in this update.

1 Like

Everything seems to be OK. I have AMD hybrid graphics, so the system runs on Ryzen and there is no issue with Wayland. I even launched a game to see if the dGPU has problem in such setting - there was none.

Not really an issue but the reboot after the update took quite a bit of time, until I pressed Control+Alt+Delete then it restarted again and I got relatively quickly into the login screen.
Not sure if it hang itself a bit or if it just took a while and restarted just when I pressed Contr.+Alt+Del.

i have two desktops, both with nvidia cards, connected with a physical displayport kvm switch. i’ve never had a problem switching between them before this update. the one still on linux66-nvidia 550.90.07-2 is fine with swapping back and forth, but the one i updated to linux66-nvidia 550.90.07-3 can no longer pick up the x session after a swap. it goes into powersave mode. i can still access ttys on that machine, in order to reboot. i don’t know a cli command to wake the x session. this machine has no other graphics: the built-in is disabled in bios.

@steanne you may want to read up on this: The issue with Plymouth and the Black Screen

i do not have plymouth. haven’t since 2015.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Inxi in Manjaro ISO