Wifi password not given/recognized

Hi, I am just trying Manjaro and booted the actual KDE-version from USB-Stick for trying. Everything fine, but When I give the password of my FRITZ-Box the message after some minutes ist:
There was no password given! -???
In the logfile of the Fritzbox is the following message:
“Eine Störquelle wurde auf Kanal X erkannt 7 Meldungen seit
” - means
“Some source of disturbment was detected on chanel X 7 messages”
I was connecting my RJ-45 Network - the lights of the plug are lighting but the System seems not to recognize the connection either! - I restarted with “non-open-source-Drivers” option there was no change!
Is it possible, that the trial-version has no network? - ifconfig ist not available - what command should it be instead!??
What shall or can I do? - ifconfig seems not installed either
!

Thanks a lot in advance
Ralf

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

No. :slight_smile:

ifconfig has become deprecated in favor of iproute2. :wink:

Dear activists

I was putting now two ore more hours with trying to connect my manjaro KDE 21 in any network.
Normally I plug in the RJ-45 or on the dialog of the WLAN the password and it WORKS!
I would like so mucht to work with Manjaro but THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! I have a fritzbox 6490 cable and I had over YEARS no problem to connect ANY device to it! - But Manjaro was the first stuff I didnt connected at all! Neiter with

• the kde-desktop dialog nor
  • the nmtui or nmtui connect nor
  • the iw on the commandline
  • I tried even wpa_cli - no chance!
    If it should not be possible to make this really functional I cant use Your distribution! This is a MESS SORRY!
    But without any connection to the internet it makes never fun on today!
    Until today I had no Network-Problem with Kubuntu, Debian, Suse, Ubuntu, Mint, Red Hat, AIX, HPUX, and a lot of other stuff included Windows - but I never lived THAT!
    My Fritzbox supports by default with WPA2-WPA3 a password of 16 digits and even if there should be any restriction to 13 digits?? I will not go back in the security of the even lightly encrypted WLAN-standard 
and change the password to all my interfaces

And the LAN-device is not recognized at ALL - there is even no mention on the appropriate command
?

fizz

Thanks - I found some other commands in the wiki and so on but nevertheless - id did not work! :-((
see below

Fiz

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies
 :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which exact CPU/GPU or Kernel, 
 you have without typing it every time

I think since all network devices are largely known Broadcom devices where Broadcom distributed full open Source drivers - there should be no problem!
But I have to remark, that the newes Mint-20.2 with Kernel 5.4 seems to have the same Wifi Problem! - Fortunately there works at least the ethernet-port!
It seems that der should be a major bug!??

Please read this:

And then read this again:

More specifically:

:bowing_man: