Which one is the Manjaro default kernel: 5.4 or 5.10?

And I can’t answer the question, because on Manjaro - XFCE the top download is 5.10, the minimal is 5.10 and then there is a minimal LTS that is 5.4, but not a regular minimal LTS that is 5.4, so I’m confused when asked “Which one is the Manjaro default kernel: 5.4 or 5.10?”

It concerns this issue:

Reasked on linuxquestions.org because this issue is pointing towards a kernel issue.
Moving from linux kernel 5.4 to 5.10 causes my screen never to show display again once it has gone to sleep.

This issue is important to me because I recently need to use nestybox/sysbox and it is asking me to run docker at linux kernel 5.5+ for a docker image that I created using manjarolinux/base.

Manjaro ships multiple kernels. All that have the LTS badge can be default, but you can use also the maintained kernels that are not LTS. MHWD kernel is a great tool to see that. You can have them all installed if you want, and test what works best for you.

4 Likes

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

My apologies, I am experiencing a more urgent and bigger issue somewhere else.
I forgot about this.

I know it is not recommended on productive computers but I use 5.14 without any problems so far

1 Like

And you’ve got an LTS kernel as a fall-back option!

:clap:

I do not have (other) LTS’s as a fallback option for certain applications.
That’s why I asked the question.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.