What happen to audacity in the new version of 1:3.3.1-1?

What happen to audacity in the new version of 1:3.3.1-1?

opened audio file looks like this:

img

I can play track, but I see nothing where sound wave view, cursor

Downgrade leads to restore typical visual state of the app:

img

$ cat /var/log/pacman.log | grep -iE "auda" | tail -n4
[2023-04-25T23:50:05+0300] [ALPM] upgraded audacity (1:3.2.5-2 -> 1:3.3.0-1)
[2023-04-29T21:05:42+0300] [ALPM] upgraded audacity (1:3.3.0-1 -> 1:3.3.1-1)
[2023-04-30T01:59:36+0300] [PACMAN] Running 'pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/audacity-1:3.3.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst'
[2023-04-30T01:59:42+0300] [ALPM] downgraded audacity (1:3.3.1-1 -> 1:3.3.0-1)
$

KDE,
Global theme: breeze Dark

You have all the View options enabled and since you moved Toolbars around, the overlapping is funky.

clearly there is a issue, it is intermittent for me though, the selection panel simply comes on top though the file is loaded. no relevant errors are thrown.

a bug is reported, though not descriptive enough(or so i think).

@alven please report all your findings in the bug mentioned. you can use audacity inbuilt data gatherer and upload it is to the comment.

data gatherer can be reached; Help → Diagnostics → Generate Support Data

@koshikas ,

for now I can't post on github

GitHub requires authentication code to log me in: login and pwd are not enough for some reason.
GitHub sent me email to German email service of Tutanota.
For near future I can’t access this email, cause it blocked in Russia. So I can’t use my github account.
Sorry for that, you know Russian government priority: to kill foreign people in the independent country instead of to let Russian people to develop themselves and in worldwide collaboration to improve existing and invent new things. It is in fail-state/self-destruction mode.

seems to be always better to make individual separate bug report

Also I was to note that my and your issue looks like are not the same: we talk about panels view, the linked bug is about Selection Toolbar only.
I think always it is a good idea to open personal report instead of reporting a possible variant into existing one, cause bugs could have a different origin and to track both bugs in single thread is not comfortable. To read all and to recognize and remember every comment to classify it relation to bug1 or bug2 is a way harder, than to mark another thread as duplication report.

@koshikas , looks like it is time to :blush: for us as unstable branch users. Please try to:

1. close audacity.
  2. update to that new mentioned version.
  3. run
rm -rf ~/.cache/audacity

Try to open audacity again.

It works for me. So it is just need to remove cached junk stuff from prev. version(s).

1 Like

i did try that. however the selection panel, when enabled still manages to get in the way. it is intermittent, but annoying. when the selection panel is disabled, can manage to get things done.

On my side I deleted the ~/.config/audacity folder and everything seems to work. I just had to change to dark mode in preferences.

yeah, may be to re-apply theme (to switch to another and to switch back to a preferred one) could help.

Or may be some values of settings involved in your case?
@koshikas , do you setup too much preferences to audacity?
If not too much, what if to try to remove also ~/.config/audacity/ like to start using the audacity from the scratch?

OK, I got the same issue as was in the first post and nothing of cache and settings cleanup and theme switch helped fix it :slight_smile:
yes, a huge height of selection toolbar looks like overlapping sound wave view.

The bug is floating: appears from time to time.

Version : 1:3.3.1-1

i did flush my setting from audacity menu, when i first ran into issues, right now have no directory there. there are ppl who have supposedly built from scratch on arch and had no issues. so i’m expecting a rebuilt in arch repos soon.

and thanks guys, this is not showstopper for me, can get things to work with selection panel disabled for the time being.

1 Like

FYI;

audacity 1:3.3.1-2 released possibly fixing UI issues; upgpkg: audacity 1:3.3.1-2: Rebuild to fix issues with LTO affecting … · archlinux/svntogit-community@f13e620 · GitHub

2 Likes

the 1:3.3.1-2 joined Manjaro repo. Did about 10 openings of the app with no file and with “Open with menu” in total. It fixed the case for me, but IDK how stable the fix is.

if you follow the chatter in the bug, seems like the devs have got the LTO issue figured out, the actual fix is scheduled for 3.3.2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.