Welcome and introduce yourself - 2024

Hloo gyzz
I am Johnny from America (California)

1 Like

Hi,

Iā€™m Markus from Germany. I switched back to Manjaro recently because EndeavourOS was too bleading edge for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone! Iā€™m Claudio from Italy. Iā€™ll sure need the help of the community in the future, because for me thatā€™s what Linux is all about ā€“ learning cool stuff from cool people! See you around!

2 Likes

Iā€™m Dana, Iā€™m not sure why someone plugging a distro would show a home screen and say, ā€œlook at how nice this distro is!ā€, and it happens all the time. How would I know by looking at someoneā€™s home screen graphic how good the distro is? Anyway, that aside, I have really simple needs, Iā€™ll get by with my favorite editor, a web browser, and a copy of Libre Office, and after running Manjaro in a vm for a couple of months, I think itā€™s my favorite so far, for the simple reason that itā€™s just down to Earth linux with no real focus on the cute stuff, Iā€™m running xfce btw, really well done, Manjaro team, Iā€™m about to make the switch!

1 Like

Hi there!
I was introduced to Manjaro through my husband and Linux through a boot camp that I took. I am already humbled by my experiences using this OS and look forward to learning more! Iā€™m super new, only two days in but have learned so much already.

2 Likes

Hi folks.

Iā€™ve been using Linux distributions for about 20 years.
Iā€™ve dabbled with Mint, OpenSuse, Slack, and some others.
This Manjaro Linux is by far the best for new users.

What I like most, is that it installed perfectly, and had all the restricted codecs (So i could watch
movies, and play music).

I am 58, and live in Massachusetts, USA.

PS - Now I just need to find out how to get sudo working.

This is not entirely accurate, but welcome, nonetheless. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The first time itā€™s used, sure. But itā€™s soo customisable that that doesnā€™t last long. And if it doesnā€™t get regular maintenance, it can very quickly become unmanageable. Please see below:

sudo should be installed and working by default.

2 Likes

I know you can removed it is you want, itā€™s not strictly required, but i t is supposed to be installed and working by default; at least, mine was.

:man_shrugging:

Hi All. Iā€™m Colin and being using linux for a while and recently started using Manjaro.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Kane.
I am new to Manjaro, but not new to linux, as I have been using it for almost 2 years now.
I installed Manjaro theā€¦ untraditional way. (Or fully traditional if we consider archlinux)
What I mean is I installed it using the Basestrap method through the commandline. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone and a big WooHoo, Manjaro here I come, So glad there is a nice alternative to Windows
Hope to make good use of this forum and maybe be able to give some advice in the future when I know what Iā€™m talking about LOLā€¦

Just for the record, GNU/Linux was never intended as an alternative to Microsoft Windows, which is a platform it has nothing in common with. Instead, GNU/Linux was conceived as a Free & Open Source alternative to proprietary UNIX, and UNIX itself was already an established industry-standard operating system architecture long before MS-DOS ever even existed, let alone MS-Windows. :wink:

2 Likes

Greetings everyone,
Im Peter and glad to here.
Respect to all working members! :star_struck:

1 Like

Also new to this forum.

Klakke is my username, I am a Fleming, am retired teacher and I am (almost 71 years young ).
Single (living with a son) and divorced.
I am not active on social media ā€¦ have no need for it.

Since 2013 working on a ā€˜Linux-driven operating systemā€™, mainly PCLinuxOS Mate, also Linux Mint Mate (to be able to help my children with their computers).

I am still figuring out how to install a program via terminal.
I already have a problem with Shutter ā€“ it wonā€™t start after clicking.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

2 Likes
1 Like

Woot! Iā€™m the ā€œNew User of the Monthā€!

Do you need my address to send the trophy? How about my banking details to deposit the award?

No? OK, so just a free operating system and free tech support. What a rip-off.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hi there :smiley: !!
*A decade+ windows user entered Manjaro last night :sweat_smile: *
after a loooot of distro hopping and many trial and errors with them, Manjaro stood out :ok_hand: .

Just wanted to say, ā€œThanksā€ to the amazing Manjaro team and the community for making such an awesome and user friendly system esp. based on Arch :relieved: !

In love with the app/package manager and the huge collection in it :face_with_monocle:

Cheers all!

ā€¦<oooooooo

2 Likes

Wahh! Hello everyone! Iā€™m Aubrey, super new to the whole Linux thing. Just met this amazing window manager called i3 and Iā€™m totally in love! Big thanks to Manjaro for making it so user-friendly for newbies like me. So excited to be here and learn more! (^Ļ‰^ )

2 Likes