Welcome and introduce yourself - 2022

Hello. My name is Mark. I have been using Linux since about 1998. I had spent over four thousand on a Win 95 computer, and thus I expected it to last at least a decade. However, it malfunctioned a couple of years later. So, I bought a used computer for far less, and installed Corel Linux on it. This worked very well, and came with a free office suite (OpenOffice) and a free photo editor (Gimp). I was sold, and have never looked back. Since then, I’ve used a variety of Linux operating systems, eventually settling on Debian (Debian Sarge, in 2005, being my first Debian OS).

I recently bought a Pinephone Pro (explorer edition), with Manjaro Plasma Mobile. I am not a programmer. But I wish to help out the development via giving feedback, submitting bug reports, and whatnot (I do have another phone for normal use, which has LineageOS on it). And so I am here to learn more about using Manjaro. I likely will have lots of questions and I look forward to being a part of this wonderful community.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I am Sola
I love Manjaro and the ease of installation that it comes with. I have tried a lot of distros, but none feels just like home like Manjaro. Kudos to everyone involved with the development, you are appreciated. Please send your PayPal email.

1 Like

Hello, I have been using Linux since long time ago, I have worked using Windows and Mac, but love opensource and here I am again.
IT professional planning get involved into development.

Musician trying to produce good music using Linux solutions.

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I’m an elder, non-native English speaker, senior software engineer.
I’ve been using GNU/Linux occasionally since '95 or so, Unix at school in '97, Red Hat 9 at the engineering school, then Ubuntu->Mint, Debian/LMDE on my laptops, and finally Manjaro as my daily driver since 2014-2015?
Oh, and I happen to own a PinePhone Pro that runs… well, Manjaro of course.
Despite that, I’m really not an expert in systems: that’s why I’m so glad such talented people (devs and community) take care of all that system stuff for me so that I can use a fast and reliable operating system with no headache :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m Herve (just call me by username Moss) Been using manjaro for a week & a bit now and enjoy Manjaro a lot and recently just left windows for linux.

1 Like

Well I installed Manjaro a few days ago and I think I will be staying so here we are!

Had some experience with Linux from about 10 years ago, mainly Ubuntu. Things breaking all the time and very little for gaming turned me away. With all the excitement around Linux these days, I decided to make another attempt. Started with Pop!OS. It was alright, still had a lot of old Ubuntu problems but definitely better. Then moved to Fedora with the Nobara distro. I like it, very good battery life on my laptop and good performance. Decided to dual boot with Manjaro as well and it is quickly becoming my favorite. Having a second SSD for just my game library makes things easy too.

Hi all, I am a software developer and I have been transitioning to GNU/Linux ( :grinning:) in the past few months. So far I have loved every minute of it and the help I have had along the way is a reflection of the people in the community. I am hoping to expand my knowledge further and be of help to others when my time comes.
Thanks!

Hi all folks,
my nickname is Shaka2u1u which comes from registering on Battlefield like 20 years ago, cause Shakazulu was taken I’ve used Leetspeak and it helped me well till today. Usually I origin from Germany but recently try to immigrate to an African country. Have 9 year old daughter who is with an African lady who stayed there in this malfunctioning country of Germany.

I have been using Linux systems on servers, which was my start up around 2006 and it was always Debian or Ubuntu based, back the time appropriate. I’ve switched to Linux on Desktop after a term of 3 years and from then on tried many systems of which some I used a long time. It was Linux Mint which is still an option for me. But I wanted more and switched to the Arch Based systems.

Due to an employment I decided to go Windows 10 (which I really like more than the others before, though 11 have never tasted) to support better, not virtually but on hardware.
Mhh, was a big mistake due to several reasons.

My main system is still in Germany but am with his little brother here in Africa. Am on the Z-Series of HP, and after Ive switched back to Manjaro on the laptop only and am using KDE now. Some problems occur when running my Manjaro, probably to be found in the drivers or a setup belonging to the fat graphics card, which is a Nvidia Quadro P3000 Mobile, but I want to use propriate drivers. The desktop freezes to a ninety percent sometimes, in random order.
Okay, enough here we should K.I.S.S.

Cheers, Shaka

Hello fellow Manjaro friends.

After a long history of distro hopping (I mean long, I am a Linux user for some 25 years, I went from mainstream distributions like Arch, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE, through less popular like Gentoo to niche ones like Void). My final “click” was from Arch to Manjaro.

I have some in-depth knowledge of Linux - I create embedded systems for network appliances from scratch (also some FreeBSD-based) for living. I am definitely a low-level guy, feeling best with console and CLI. OTOH I prefer full IDEs (like JetBrains’ stack) to Emacs and Vim.

My primary languages of choice are Rust, Go, Erlang and C++. I don’t do GUI applications - if user interaction is needed, it is done by a web interface ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

My primary DE of choice is KDE.

I’d be glad to help with low-level networking/protocols and programming questions.

1 Like

Hello to all of you who like ones and zeros.

Tried to learn Linux but it never really stuck. Linux doesn’t really want to go with me where I want it to go. So I have always fallen back to what I have been able to do.

So now I will give Arch a chance as I will install it on a Raspberry Pi 4 and if it works I will probably install it on my laptop.

I am hoping for all kind individuals who can and have the knowledge to teach me how to handle this linux so I can start mastering some of Linux’s possibilities and guide me with this Linux variant to where I want to go.

Started my data era in 1988 with a Sinclair ZX-80 (I think it was called that). With Basic programming. Quit my computer job in 2006 when the bubble burst and went back to a craft job. But never really left Data/Telecom.
If a stupid or weird question comes your way, I hope you’ll bear with this from an old nube.

1 Like

Been messing with Linux since 2008, seriously into Linux Mint nigh unto exclusively since 2016. Starting to branch out into other distros now and trying out Manjaro for the first time!

1 Like

Welcome aboard. I started on Linux Mint as well in 2017 and distro hopped a little bit, and finally settled here :wink:

Hello everyone I’ve been experimenting and exploring manjaro for a little while. I think I’ve come to the right distro. Looking forward to more exploring and being apart of the community.

I live in the US north east. I work in the I.T. but in internal product support.

2 Likes

hellooo guys!!!

Hi! I’m getting my feet wet with Linux, this distro specifically. I hope to make friends along the way who can help ease my way into GNU/Linux as I’m kind of getting more and more tired of Windows and wanna try something different.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, i am new on Manjaro, few years on Linux (only) PoP_OS! than Kubuntu Plasma, this Linux distribution is last. I choose this one, after i got new hardware (i think this will be best choice for my AMD advantage laptop), beforehand i spent most of my time on potato-laptops.
Hope i will be part of this active community, take part in soft tasting, report bugs, i will try to search before ask any question, i do not have any valuable knowledge in Linux but i will try my best.
P.S. sorry for my low lvl English.

1 Like

Hello Everybody;
I’m Alosra (my Self-Given nickname) a native Persian speaker who loves free and libre software and linux after that. Interested in Rust language and mostly low level stuff but still have a long way to go.
Hope to Help Create a Better community.

1 Like

Hi every one !

I’m twantwan ! I have a MacBook Pro from 2011 and use manjaro gnome because apple don’t update this laptop any more and if I get a new laptop I think I’m going to install manjaro on it !!
I’m a musician and drawer too, so open source app is kind of an option for making art !

See you !

1 Like

hello,
been on and off on Linux for a few years, which started when i was really young.
I now daily drive Manjaro on my personal computer and wont bother looking back.

1 Like

Hey Everyone! I go online as Lacksal and I’ve been using Manjaro Xfce for about 6 months now with few issues. I do a lot of programming so it just seemed to be the best option for me! It’s been rocky here and there, but at this point, I am quite satisfied with how I’ve gotten it and I hope to continue learning more about computing and my OS!