Welcome and introduce yourself - 2022

Hello! Been in school for a bit swapped majors to networking, formally nursing. Couldn’t be happier now, I have worked with Linux before in an academic environment but I’d like more practical and hands on use. Really like the look and feel of KDE manjaro. I’m and avid gamer too, but i want to slowly migrate away from windows and maybe even get to the point where i can start giving back to the Manjaro community somewhere down the road.

1 Like

hi there!
I’ve been having very basic and stupid problems with vanilla arch for months, that caused me to give up , broke my system a lot… the learning process was too much of pain despite hours of fiddling every day… I tried EndeavourOS , good but no dice, until I decided to try manjaro again after years since last time I tried it( I think it was codenamed mikah at that time) , now my problems are gone by default LOL(which is sus and means other problems are going to emerge instead , but we’ll see about that!!)
thanks for having me!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Alejandro. Started using Linux on 2019, first with Ubuntu, then Pop OS and Linux Mint, and now Manjaro GNOME.

1 Like

Hey!

I’ve been distro hopping for a while… started with Manjaro then tried lots of others and now im back :slight_smile: Loving using Manjaro again and having fun learning more and more about Linux. I’m a professional games developer using Unity and all of our dev tools etc are developed for Windows so im still dual booting just for work. Hoping to eventually get everything moved over to Linux as i find it a much better OS to use

What’s up, I’m Joey Jett; a musician, writer, painter and circuit geek.

I switched to Manjaro almost 2 years ago and have yet to find a reason to go back to anything else.

Howdy everyone, my name’s Mankybus but my alternate handle is InfernalMonsoon, I don’t mind being called by either and I’ve been going full time Linux for almost half a year now. Started out with Zorin OS on my laptop and eventually went for Garuda on my desktop but I still consider myself a complete newbie as I tend to be a bit of a slow learner with most things but I’m getting there little by little.

I mainly use Linux for my creative work as well as gaming, mainly abandoned Windows because I’ve grown to strongly dislike it over the years and I chose Manjaro because I enjoy the benefits Arch brings but I like the extra bit of stability provided by Manjaro’s update system. I tend to run into a number of technical issues in my Linux journey, especially if it’s KDE Plasma (although I’ve just made the move to Cinnamon now) so I’ll always appreciate those who can bear with me.

Other than that I hope you all have a wonderful day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all. Chris here. Nice to meet ya.

Ive been playing around with Linux for a while, mostly Ubuntu. Im also trying to learn programming as well as security.

Anyhoo… I just picked up a refurbished ThinkPad and thought Id try out Manjaro- which looks really cool!

I hope I can help out as Im positive Ill have lots of questions :confused:

1 Like

Hello!

I’m Bruno, I have been using sometimes linux and sometimes Windows since ~1997, but I am using exclusively linux for the last ~4 years.

On my main computer (this one here), it has been Manjaro (for these same 4 year). On the laptops I have Arch in the oldest one and Gentoo/FreeBSD/Windows on the not so old. :slight_smile:

But just now I finally decided that I must get in touch with other users, so here I am! And I would like to thank you everyone for this nice distribution.

2 Likes

Hello! This is my first at home linux experience. After Microsoft chose to go completely anti-privacy with 11 I knew it was time to make the swap :sweat_smile: . I knew I definitely wanted an Arch-based distro and the Linus video at least showed me that Manjaro would be an easy step for me.

1 Like

Hey, I’m known as xig online. I’ve not tried Linux at all before today. Nice to meet you all.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Wayne. I’m 69 years old and have been using Linux since 1998, having migrated from OS2. I’ve done a lot of distro hopping and am mostly an end loser, but I do have experience programming in Pascal, Perl, C++, bash and python. I’m using Manjaro because it likes my graphics card and I can’t be bothered trying to do another Arch install from scratch.

Traditionally, I have used a lot of so-called challenging distros like gentoo. I have used pretty much every DE available, but right now I’m in Xfce.

I do video editing and have a System76 desktop with an ultrawide monitor, 36 CPUs, and 68 GB of RAM. My wife has a Windows computer. I also have an Acer laptop with a touch screen running Xubuntu.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
My name is Water14 and I’m a python developer who fell in love with Manjaro.
After my work forced us to move to Linux because of security concerns, I’ve tried Ubuntu and wasn’t happy with it, so a friend of mine recommended Manjaro for me. Ever since I’ve installed it I never looked back and it’s the only distro I use.
Happy join this community,
Water14

1 Like

Unix in the 1970s, Linux starting in 1990s. Long retired software developer and IT manager in telecommunications industry.

1 Like

Hi all am John from Newcastle UK av been using manjaro a little while now. I have KDE Plasma on my main PC and Gnome desktop on an old i5 laptop. Both run great. I hope to be ov use someday but there’s much to learn. I’m amazed at how well it all works with out intervention and a big thanks to all its creators.

3 Likes

Hello all. My name is David. I am been using Linux for 20 years now. I started with Fedora Gnome for many years then jumped ship to XFCE Xubuntu. I then later switched to Solus with the budgie desktop as I wanted a rolling release. I have been on Solus for quite a few years but since the latest Gnome update kind of broke things in the budgie GUI and the fact Solus has lost its lead dev I am now on Manjaro with the Cinnamon desktop.

Installed it on 2 laptops without much trouble. I did have problems installing it on my win10 dual boot desktop pc. Sadly I need win10 for Ableton Live as my DAW along with various synth plugins. I also play the occasional game. Runs great on the laptops.

I ending up re-installing manjaro a 2nd time on my desktop and this time I did not create any swap partition and that seemed to solve the 2min boot time. I read someone else had the same issue on a different distro. It stills needs some tweaks here and there.

I am no expert and not a dev but ok with basic configuration and command line.

Really liking what I see so far and very happy with it on my laptops.

3 Likes

I’m Angel, thanks to everyone who creates free software, I really enjoy learning and using it. Manjaro is the best Linux system.
https://masterpro1.ru/ I create reviews of WordPress themes and plugins, as well as solving problems on Linux and servers.
https://predckazanie.ru/ I write articles and accept people for treatment.

2 Likes

Hi all,
A complete Linux noobie here. Just spent six hours to get the microphones working properly, and looking at another couple of hours to sort out the ibus-rime input method… The learning curve is dramatically different from the other OSes but that’s part of the fun, I guess.

Glad to be part of a great community and hope I can contribute to it soon.

2 Likes

Byron here been on Manjaro for about a year. Liking it so far . The built in terminal is giving me hassles.

1 Like

Howdy from ATX - been fiddling with Linux on and off since old days of Slackware on 30+ floppies :wink: This month I decided to do some distro-hopping (away from usual CentOS/Fedora/Ubuntu and Gnome) and landed squarely on Manjaro (few days ago). Very positive first impression - no matter the DE/wm choice - Gnome, Xfce or i3 you see the work put into making a consistent user experience (tried i3 on other distros with underwhelming results). I would be interested in contributing in the future - maybe on i3 or xmonad tasks.

1 Like

Hiya!

I’m thinking about converting to Manjaro so I thought it was a great idea to join the community beforehand. I’m a guy travelling around the globe but I’m currently situated in Europe and I’ll probably be here for at least five more months. I love basketball and television shows, and computers of course.

2 Likes