Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

Hi there,

I’m new here, but i’ve been using Manjaro as my daily (and pritty much only) distro for about 5 years now… I use the i3 edition.

I goto say, Manjaro, in all it’s variants, has got to be the best looking distro out there.
And Lomiri (on the PinePhone) freaking beautiful.

Thank you and see you around :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello all, I’m vvbudh and I’d like to help out an open source project. Specifically, Manjaro, there are some bugs I don’t like and I’d like to fix them; but I don’t know how to get started. So I’m here to make some contacts and try to help out. Would you kindly point me in the right direction as to how to get started with this endeavor?

6 Likes

Hello, Manjaro Community! I am joining in order to post issues I have, and upload any solutions I make. I am very excited, as Manjaro is my favorite OS!

4 Likes

Hello, I’m come from the dead sabayon project, I was looking for a stable, complete system that made third party software management easy. Incredibly, I discovered manjaro and I must say that it makes everything easy. I am really happy to be able to work without worries.

8 Likes

Hi all, I’m a grandfather
Always, when you arrive at a place the first thing is to say hello and that is the intention of this post.
I’m 61 years old, Spanish, from Madrid, I’ve followed GNU / Linux for years. I’ve been a management computer scientist since before it existed (1979) although for 30 years I have only worked directing projects.
Although I always considered myself a Debian man, since I retired in 2016 Arch is my favorite, be it as Antergos, Arco Linux, and now Manjaro :blush:
My intention when installing this distro is to recover the programming sensations, something that I have forgotten, and enjoy a distribution, stable, updated and efficient to organize my notes (I am a fan of Obsidian).
My visual problems sometimes make things a bit difficult for me, but XFCE adapts very well to them and helps me a lot to do without the mouse.
Now I have a long way to go, a lot to learn and some things to adjust and it is always better to do it in community.
Greetings to all.

10 Likes

Hi,
been checking out distros for a couple of years now, still interested, still dont have a clue what i’m doing. I’m curious, could this be my daily OS?!

7 Likes

Grüße zurück!

1 Like

Hi my name is Peter well something like this I switch from Windows after 20 years with 0 knowledge of Linux it’s been now 2 Months and I never looked back distro hop around 19 of them and to me manjaro is by far the best one !

7 Likes

Hi and welcome to the linux community!

I personally can’t stand distrohopping. Especially 19 times wow

3 Likes

Hi, avid Ubuntu user here, just answering an old thread in the forum which might clear up things for a fellow Manjaro user.

Stephan

1 Like

Hello everyone! Just moved to Manjaro after 5 years in Ubuntu/Debian-based distros. Absolutely in love so far. Manjaro KDE instantly became my daily driver, but I also use Mageia as my “weekend distro”.

I’d go as far as to say that Manjaro is so far my best computing experience: snappy fast even on old hardware, stable and intuitive. I hope I can give it back to the community!

6 Likes

Hi everyone!
I am a new user to Manjaro. I have been always looking at it and seeing a lot of things about it but i never installed it until I adventured to try an Arch-based distro. A lot of people and lots of Youtube Videos recommended me Manjaro, so I decided to install it on my laptop, with the XFCE Desktop Enviroment. I hope it finally ends my distro-hopping :sweat_smile:.

I have been a linux user since 2019, when I installed Mint, but errors happened and I moved to Fedora. I couldn’t delete some programs so moved to Zorin. Didn’t like it, I moved to Kubuntu, which I had to re-install. Then I got a new computer and installed Deepin, followed by KDE Neon, Mint (I had to re-install due to disk space issues), then Kubuntu, but I got bored of it and installed Manjaro. Hope I learn a bit more of Linux! ^^

5 Likes

Sup guys! even though im no coding expert nor technical guy i just love Linux. Decided to jump from garuda to manjaro gnome unstable and i works like a charm! Love your work. Thanks for the efforts.

6 Likes

Hi folks!
Really happy to be a part of the Manjaro Community :smiley:
After about distro-hopping for a year, I finally found something that’s almost always updated (unlike Ubuntu/Debian) and has many packages without any pain (third party repositories).
Found home at KDE desktop (it worked quite well with my NVIDIA GPU whereas I didn’t have the same luck with XFCE) :heart_eyes:

I still have dual boot with Windows 10 but rarely use it. Definitely gonna wipe it off when I run low on disk :laughing:

Go Green!
Aayush

9 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Roon(Known as Ah_Roon), I was interested about Linux so after researching about which distro has user-friendly interface and rolling release distro, I found out this distro named Manjaro and I’m happy to be part of Manjaro community :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’ve tested tons of distros on VMware, and eventually stick on Manjaro. I think it’s the best balance between new features and stability. Moreover the AUR community is astonishing.

Now, I’m using a Manjaro Gnome edition on my Pi 400, and it’s a real pleasure to play with nice cool applications and the “retro” emulators.

7 Likes

Hi all! Got my pinephone a couple of weeks ago and experimenting with a few Manjaro editions. Really liking it so far! Kinda tempted to try Manjaro on one of my computers now too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Initial impressions

hi guys
I use linux for a while now and Manjaro since last year which i find pretty cool.
I usually visit forums to fins answers but rarely post on them.
let s see if this one will be different haha
Have a good day

7 Likes

Hi folks-
Been using linux since 2007 on home computers, forced to use windows at work, :(. I dabble in a lot of things: welding, musician, currently about a year from moving into a log home I built from trees I cut myself, outdoors, etc. Living in SE USA.
I’m really excited about a linux based phone, want to help make the pinephone project a success. Currently using plasma-mobile, having a lot of trouble getting basics to work like sms and reliable phone calls, etc. I think it will get there - point me to where I can help.
thanks for providing this forum.

7 Likes