Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

I am a new user of Manjaro and is very happy to use it - 9 of 10 stars - the last star is missed for not to have a app for grub customizer. i can get it with Sudo but it is more difficult.
i have tested more than 15 different Linux systems and find Linux Mint 20.1 to 10 stars, it has all features i ask for.
Now - i test Manjaro for more and look forward to rate it to 10 stars.
Best regards
Jørgen

3 Likes

It’s good to hear that you’ve given Manjaro a try and that you give it 9/10 stars.

With regard to Grub Customizer, there have been many (probably hundreds) of forum threads over the years discussing this app, and it turns out that it is known to cause more problems than it is worth – at least when using it with Manjaro. Here is a comment from a couple weeks ago that gives a few links that you can check out: Unable to change grub menu entries because of grub customizer not working - #6 by Ben . Bottom line: it is best to avoid Grub Customizer, as it will save you from headaches down the road.

5 Likes

what @adreampuppet said, but I’d like to change:

to:

I’ve seen lots of severe problems on all Linux Distro’s I’ve used over the years (RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu).

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This!

And I’ve also seen the staunch supporters of said distro swear by it and denounce all else.

(While we all know it’s bull and that Manjaro is best! :grin: )
3 Likes

Welcome @Zornica . I think you have come to the right place! More power to you. Ruziel.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Language packs not auto installed (OT in danish)

Hi,

I’m David, new to Linux. I choose Manjaro since it’s rolling release and my hardware is new. Not easy for now but I will try :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards

4 Likes

A lot of things that are worth it isn’t easy.

1 Like

Hi everyone, glad to be here, after a while of macos, I’m have moved back to Manjaro, always my favorite flavor and I enjoy it the most. I do mostly development and some science and engineering stuff that I still have to have a Win10 VM around, but stay out as much as possible. I do enjoy learning and this is a great forum for almost every problem or issue I don’t understand. Keep up the good work and I’ll talk to a few of you in the other posts.

3 Likes

Right !

Hey all.
I am Ólafur Víðir, and I consider myself as an end user. I started trying out Linux around 2011 - 2012 by using Ubuntu. Was switching Win/Linux for a few years after that until I found Linux Mint, which served my old computer pretty well.
On my newer laptops I have used Antergos (now discontinued), Manjaro, PopOS, Arch (for a very short time).
I am very happy on Manjaro, and feel like I have found “my OS”, even if I don’t have the patience to run GNOME and Nvidia with optimus.

For those who are interested:
I come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow

6 Likes

:santa: :exclamation:
:grin: Or do you mean:
:iceland: :question:

Well, we have thirteen :santa: I am :iceland:

1 Like

Hello everyone !
I’ve been on and off with Linux for a few years, still a N00b but I recently started using Manjaro KDE as a daily driver and it’s been a pretty cool adventure so far. I have a few issues which I believe I can solve to some extent but otherwise I’m just glad to be off windows. Being on Linux just feels much more natural.

4 Likes

What is the identity of that being which says, “I love Manjaro”? Welcome beingless one…

Have used Linux on and off for a couple of decades but still a noob, as I couldn’t stick to Linux for long enough, mostly because of work requirements. Never found a point in dual booting personally. Was always a Fedora / Red Hat user. Probably because back then (1999 - 2000) - Red Hat was one of few ‘user friendly’ distros available.
Started using Manjaro (KDE) a few months back and have tried a few distros in between those few months, but always came back to Manjaro (I used to be an obsessive ROM flasher back in the days, so the same bug has bit me after switching full time to Linux I guess)… But Manjaro has become a very “bad habit”. Hard to switch distribution now, it seems!.

2 Likes

Hey all!

Realtively new Linux user - been using Tails for a few years on and off, recently changed machine and played a bit around with Mint then settled on Manjaro KDE :slight_smile:

Lovely forum!

3 Likes

Greetings from West Yorkshire :wave:t5: I’m new to Linux, but swear by open source, keep up that fab work you awesome programmers. Loving the experience despite experiencing some technical difficulties. Please let me know if you can help. Peace & Love :v:t5:

3 Likes

Hi all,

I’ve been using Linux on my private machines since 2012. Initially, I started with Mint for a smooth introduction, but soon wanted to try a rolling-release distribution when my second installed LTS version approached its EOL. One of my colleagues pointed me to Manjaro, as he had been using it for over a year without major issues. That sounded interesting to me, so that I decided to give it a try in a VM first. Well, not even 4 months later, I was convinced to have found my new favorite distro (Xfce / stable branch) and replaced Mint.

Looking back after more than a year with the new system now, I can say that the decision to switch to Manjaro was just right. Thanks to everyone involved for creating such a fantastic distribution and great community around it! I’m really looking forward to joining you. :sunglasses:

Greetings from Germany :de: !

5 Likes

Hello,

I’ve been using windows 7 for a long time and now decided to switching to Linux. I had some experience with Linux long time ago at 2004 with Mandrake/Mandriva and nothing more. I’ve been playing with Linux for 6 months on a VM to get some knowledge before moving to hardware

I hope it can be a nice experience and I’m an open guy to help and get helped, focused on user experience and technology, not much on in deep programming and terminals, so lets see what improvements Linux has, so let’s see what Manjaro has as the standard OS for the Pinephone was inspiring to give it a try in my desktop.

Greetings from Brazil
:brazil:

5 Likes