Language packs not auto installed (OT in danish)

Tak. Jeg troede at kommunikation skulle ske på engelsk.
Jeg glemte een ting:
Når jeg i installationen specificere Dansk forventer jeg at rest af automatisk installerede programmer også fremtræder på Dansk. Dette sker desværre ikke idet ekspl. LibreOffice bliver installeret på engelsk. Også andre tekster fremtræder på engelsk.
Jeg sammenligner Manjaro med Linux Mint Mate 20.1 hvor alt følger det sprog der er opsat i.

Google translation

Thanks. I thought communication should be in English.
I forgot one thing:
When I specify Danish in the installation, I expect that the rest of automatically installed programs will also appear in Danish. Unfortunately, this does not happen as expl. LibreOffice will be installed in English. Other texts also appear in English.
I compare Manjaro with Linux Mint Mate 20.1 where everything follows the language set up in.

Yes, Enlish is better and this is just an introduction thread. If you would have an issue, please create a new topic in the #support channel.

:+1:

I have moved your comment out to a separate topic and google translated it.

Thanks. I thought communication should be in English.
I forgot one thing:
When I specify Danish in the installation, I expect that the rest of automatically installed programs will also appear in Danish. Unfortunately, this does not happen as expl. LibreOffice will be installed in English. Other texts also appear in English.
I compare Manjaro with Linux Mint Mate 20.1 where everything follows the language set up in.

You cannot compare Manjaro with Linux Mint it is like apples and oranges.

Linux Mint is Ubuntu based unless you pick LMDE which is based on Debian unstable and as such as rolling as it gets with Debian.

Manjaro is based on Archlinux and because Manjaro has a couple of in-house applications you will run into system applications which is not translated to Danish.

Apart from the content of the ISO and the default theming - Manjaro makes no assumptions on what the user wants.

This is partly inherited from Archlinux where you have to specify every little piece and you will at times also need to know which parts to put together.

Use Manjaro settings manager to install the missing language packs.

1 Like

Install the language packs that Manjaro Notifier warns you about.

1 Like

After activating the AUR, you can just:

sudo pamac install hunspell-da

Then there is Danish spell checking in LibreOffice

For the rest:

Skærmbillede på 2021-03-12 19-18-24