Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

My recommendation: experience! There’s no teacher like it!

5 Likes

I guess i’ll be using Manjaro for a while then ~

You can find tons of manuals here

:grin:

Open a new topic here: #support and mention your HD broke down previously and provide the output to smartctl --all /dev/XdY Where X and Y denominate your HDD letter (unless it broke down completely and you replaced it with another one, in which case you can ignore this notice) :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you! I have some reference for a starting line now

I assume it broke down completely since I couldn’t access the partitions anymore from a live session. Got a new HDD with double the memory now~

1 Like

Start with Timeshift - daily snapshots on another drive - then play with it as much as you like knowing you can restore it.

3 Likes

Or read this:

:+1:

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

New user saying hi!

I decided upon donating to Arch Linux and Manjaro by setting up a repo mirror. Will post a topic in the development area with all the details.

6 Likes

Hello everyone
I am now back after about 6 years break. Just installed MATE today. :smiley:

3 Likes

Greetings from South Africa. Many thanks to all the Manjaro kingpins and the support community. I renamed my Manjaro partition to “Bromponie” which translates to motorcycle. Fast, beautiful and dependable…

6 Likes

Coenraad, I think you’ll love it here. It’s hands down the friendliest and most supportive Linux community I’ve seen.

Welcome!

3 Likes

Thanks Julian, I installed Manjaro when many left for MX (can’t remember how long ago ). I was expecting it to break down, but it turned out to be rock solid. Today I deleted most other systems to increase my Manjaro partition size. I realized that I was using it 99% of the time anyway…

4 Likes

Nope. To "scooter*. Motorcycle is "motorfiets.*

Moet nou nie dat ek Afrikaanse lesse moet gee hier nie! :grin:

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m from Turkey, not-so-new Manjaro user. I just like Manjaro because it reminds me the book The Snows of Kilimanjaro, Ernest Hemingway whenever I said Manjaro. Its so silly that I want to share with you… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

IIRC that’s what @philm named Manjaro after. After he summited it.

2 Likes

after the mount or the book?
edit: of course the mount. :slight_smile:

The mount. But not the mount.

Edit:

Of. Course.

But not off.

I think it was rather Roland.

:man_shrugging: I plead ignorant.

So I might not have Recalled Correctly…

Roland was the founder of Manjaro. He let the lead to Phil some time later.

Aaah cool!

That, then!

1 Like