Welcome and introduce yourself - 2020

6 posts were split to a new topic: Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

Hi everyone!
I’m new in the forum. But I love Manjaro since my first time with this OS, I think it was about 5 or 6 years before!
I love Linux, as a simple user, I don’t know anything about coding, but love to work on the issues as they come when I’m investigating/practicing with my PC. And I think there is not a better place to be as I try to learn a bit everyday about Linux and Manjaro
I use Manjaro KDE on my Raspberry Pi 4, and works so fantastic by now…and I use Manjaro-kde on my old IntelCore2Duo, and it’s simply a beauty!
Thanks for all your work! I really appreciate it! And I hope [though I’ve no much time (I work in Public Health as a Dentist) to spend on my pc/raspy] that I’d can learn, step by step, and collaborate with the community.
By the way, I’m 48 years old, and live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Love!
Nico

3 Likes

Hey there!

I’ve been using Linux about 2 years now. I started when I got the ol blue screen from Win 7, no way you’re going to catch this gal on Win 10! I’d give up computing before I run that trash on my PC. I started on Mint, but with my hefty gaming habits, learned about Manjaro. I know nothing of coding, though am getting comfortable with terminal usage. I’ll tell you that I absolutely love Linux and all the capabilities, it’s certainly a learning curve, but I’m sure as time goes by, this community will teach me to be proficient!

I’m open to any tips and tricks to oil up my machine for flawless computing. I’m currently running many of the popular gaming packages Wine, Lutris, PlayOnLinux and if course Steam with Proton. If there’s anything you could recommend, drop me a message!

Branch: Stable

Desktop Environment: XCFE

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

GPU Driver: nouveau NV136

Kernel: 5.9.10-1-MANJARO

33 in Florida helping people save for retirement!

Thanks!
Gemini :gemini:

2 Likes

Hello to all. I am brand new to ManjaroXFCE, but have been using Mint-MATE for past 12 years, plus “playing around” with many different “Puppies and Dogs”. I have a number of computers, but am running Manjaro iso from a flash drive using Pentoy. I’ll try to get any info I may require from reading in the forum, in lieu of posting a query. And, if I can possibly offer up any assistance, on a general Linux post, I will try.

1 Like

Hi!
I am an old user of Linux for 20+ years, and have witnessed the development from a niche system to a world-class OS, with many flavors!

Manjaro KDE is my first venture away from Ubuntu-derived distros. I am looking forward to learning and seeing what it can do.

Thanks to the developers for the hard work that you have put into Manjaro. It shows very well!

2 Likes