Wallpapers by Lunix

very nice … as normal :+1: shame you not do the odd Arch one :wink: always nice to see your wallpapers.

2 Likes

Original file : 1920x1080

Or without the logo

Original file : 3840x2160

Or maybe for a smartphone?

Original file : 1080x1919

19 Likes

3 variants

Smartphone…

Original file : 1080x1920

21 Likes

Beautiful !! 2nd is just sexy

Edit :pray: Lunix

1 Like

Wow! They should be used officially for Manjaro editions!

5 Likes

Terrible as always, just kidding :grin:
Last one have kinda Peppermint color style :slight_smile: :metal:

1 Like

Thanks @michaldybczak & @Shjim

(lol I had to google that word you typed)

Oh and @mr_glitch, I’ve googled Peppermint, it’s a beautifull wallpaper. Now I know what you meant :wink:

2 Likes

Wallpaper is old as :duck: but still damn good :slight_smile: I remember that when I’ve start to watch English Bob bellyful videos it was already there :smiley:

1 Like

:pray: I was use mobile . could not think of english spelling . I change now

1 Like

I really like that rendition. Love that silky feel to it :wink: Try with a smaller logo that is not cut/intersected.

This one goes a bit too much into Transformers logo feel of it, but i like how you delimit the graphical elements among them, and the overall: composition, color combination, texture and sharp clean look. Great job!!!

@philm and @oberon - some neat wallpaper candidates for next releases here !!!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your criticism. I certainly keep this in mind. And you were right about the Transformers thing. I didn’t see it until you mentioned it.

2 Likes

Was looking for a decent wallpaper I could use for my new desktop layout, these are really cool!

2 Likes

Thanks @TomDillon and welcome to the forum :wink:

1 Like

@Lunix your wallpapers are fantastic! :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you very much :wink:

great work i like the lighter themes can i use any of those for enlightenment?

This is where the XCF format’s guides shine. You can provide one huge image and part it out into its different resolutions as you intend. That means, then, you can provide one image file, whereby people then cut out the selection they wish to keep for use with their devices.

Of course, there would need to be considerable effort on part of the user for rendering the final result, but I say the more customization options, the better. Usually decisions made per-image explain themselves enough most novice users would understand why certain placements were chosen.

1 Like

Sure, no problem. Use whatever image you want :wink:

Correct.

I could also provide a template file. But… The result is not XCF but a blend file. I’ve started in GIMP and ended in Blender for this one. I could on the other hand also convert the file back to GIMP, but without the layers. So not editable. A user with very little knowledge can edit the file and copy/past whatever he or she likes. In Blender this is a different story.

I was expressing what I did for 2D images, of course if some of the things you use are 3D tools to produce a scene then all you could do at that point is provide an image template for people to cookie-cutter into their desired resolution with provided guides or template layer for magic select.

1 Like