Virtscreen error

I try to use the virtscreen package to use my phone as a second screen.
when I hit the “Enable virtual screen” button I get a window with the message “no virtual screen name found”.

Is there a way to fix this?

Hi @hafid,

You gave no indication of what you’re trying to do, and there’s absolutely no information for anyone to work with, and sadly I’ve never come across a working crystal ball, so we need you to provide information. To that end, please see:

Please also note and heed: Forum Rules - Manjaro

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please edit your post accordingly.

Additionally, perhaps this is of some help:

Thank you very much for your valuable remarks on how to post in this site. I take note!

I don’t use nvidia

If you had provided some of the information previously requested, we’d know you don’t use Nvidia. Without that information, we can only guess; and not many appreciate having to guess.

So, why not give some of the information shown in the first link @Mirdarthos gave you? It will help us greatly. Cheers.

virtscreen is an unsupported custom script from AUR

Usage of custom scripts from AUR infers Arch Linux package level - this is only obtainable using Manjaro unstable branch.

To switch branches see Switching Branches - Manjaro

The TLDR

sudo pacman-mirrors -aS unstable && sudo pacman -Syu

:warning:
Orphaned
Last Updated: 2019-11-14 21:36 (UTC)

The rebuild the custom script

pamac build virtscreen

2023-11-26T14:31:00Z python quamash dependency fails to build with AttributeError

See the AUR script page AUR (en) - python-quamash - this will also show the package is orphaned and unmaintained.

sorry for my little knowledge but which information is needed and how to get it?

My mistake, I thought this was among the links Mithardos had given:

System information, recent logs, etc – that explains how to find them. Cheers.

Familiarize yourself with how to find, and share system information - that will be of help at another time for another issue.

For the topic at hand the information is irrelevant as the custom package is dead and you should remove it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.