Usb bluetooth is lost during startup

Greetings and excuse my lousy English.

After some update, the bluetooth usb, despite being turned on, does not show its icon on the login screen and does not connect my devices (mouse, keyboard)

If I enter (using a wired keyboard) the icon still does not appear in the bar but in the settings the bluetooth is activated and I see the devices but I cannot connect.

On the login screen or on the desktop, if I disconnect the USB and reconnect it a couple of times, the icon reappears and I can use it again.

I have always used “AutoEnable=true”
in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf without any problem.

Available to send the information you request and thanks in advance

EDIT:

At this moment I am using the bluetooth after reconnecting the usb several times
The result of:

systemctl status bluetooth.service

is:

● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; preset>
     Active: active (running) since Mon 2023-03-13 08:58:45 -03; 2h 8min ago
       Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
   Main PID: 479 (bluetoothd)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 19017)
     Memory: 2.9M
        CPU: 28.490s
     CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
             └─479 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

mar 13 08:59:42 elitedesk bluetoothd[479]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.125 p>
mar 13 08:59:42 elitedesk bluetoothd[479]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.125 p>
lines 1-22/22 (END)

Hi @JuanLuis,

In order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please edit your post accordingly.

Edit:

My bluetooth is also USB and it works without a problem. Let’s see if it’s enabled. Please provide the output of:

systemctl status bluetooth.service
1 Like

Thank you!

It looks good to me. But I have to wonder if it might not be permission related… :thinking:

OK, let’s try the following:

As your normal user, disable the service:

systemctl disable --now bluetooth.service

And let’s edit it to set to start earlier, not only on logon:

sudo systemctl edit bluetooth.service

And just before the line stating

### Lines below this comment will be discarded

…add these lines:

[Install]
WantedBy=graphical.target

If it’s using nano to edit, save, Ctrl+OYEnter, end Exitm Ctrl+X.

Then reboot to see if it worked.

I tried everything and thanks a lot for the help. The problem was the usb, it started to fail randomly and when trying it in windows it had the same erratic behavior. I put in a new bluetooth usb and it works without problems. Thanks again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.