Update requests for packages built by Manjaro developers

Yes, I updated the package to the latest commit recently. I mean maintained upstream in a timely manner. It’s not.

It was included in the ISO profiles, I have no idea why. It’s been removed since. I don’t know how it could have been “pushed” as nothing depends on it.

Well, it’s pretty rare that I make a request, but there’s a new version for the NVIDIA proprietary drivers and there’s supposedly fixes for Wayland support. So considering that KDE has now made a move to push Wayland to the front end recently, it could be a good thing to have as soon as possible (and maybe a new point release of the Manjaro ISO images to offer these drivers by default on a fresh install and on the live session).

EDIT: Nvm, it’s a beta, so I guess I jumped on the guns too early. lol
Yet still interesting to know, for once it will be released officially.

Yes, I know there’s been a lot of excitement about the new 555 series. Besides it being in beta, one would probably not want to install them right now as there are other things that go along with them like XWayland and Mesa updates we don’t have yet. :wink:

Tried to submit this as an issue to the manjaro gitlab, but it was flagged as spam. Also sent an email, but posting here in case that gets buried.

Kernel versions 6.1.91, 6.1.92, 6.6.31, and 6.6.32 are affected by a bug that causes the system to hang when attempting to shutdown or reboot.

This should be fixed once 6.1.93 and 6.6.33 are released at some point.

For now, 6.1.92 and 6.6.32 were just released. If possible, please include this patch for these point releases: [PATCH] drm/amd: Fix shutdown (again) on some SMU v13.0.4/11 platforms

1 Like

You did see the red banner at the top, right? Either way, sorry about that.

…which should be very soon. Either way, I’ve let @phil know.

2 Likes

I did, and no matter what changes I made (removing urls, special characters, etc) it wouldn’t allow it past. Might be a bug in gitlab, or maybe the spam detection is too strict. :person_shrugging:

Appreciated

So uh …

This is true. But an incomplete approach.

beelink-kde-settings is still in the repos and it still depends on plasma-theme-beelink which is not in the repos.

slimbook-titan-settings depends on plasma-themes-slimbook which also does not exist.

minisforum-kde-settings depends on plasma-themes-minisforum which also does not exist.

Just to be clear, I am neither involved in OEM projects nor was involved in removing the related themes. I just happened to notice they were removed.

I’m now quite embarrassed for imagining it was taken care of, being wrong and putting my foot in my mouth.

I didnt mean to try to create any blame or similar.
Just that it appears some things were missed.
And so certain less vigilant users, in this case largely hardware customers of some kind, are still affected.
For myself I didnt take the time to keep checking up on it so I didnt notice again until now. :sweat_smile:

Yes, they were and I didn’t realize it at first. I’ll bring it up at the next team meeting this week.

You’re fine. I appreciate you taking the time to find and point out things like that.

1 Like

While we are here I would also like to call attention to:

Plasma Panel transparance is bugged, stays transparent - #2 by cscs

The short version being - the fancy panel options in plasma 6 of “Opaque”, “Adaptive” and “Transparent” are not fully functional with the Breath theme because it is lacking the directory components for those options.

2 Likes

That’s @LordTermor’s department. He’s our current KDE колдун. :mage: :wink:

1 Like

@lectrode I’ve included it now in 6.1.92, 6.6.32, 6.8.11 and 6.9.2.

1 Like

manjaro-pacnew-checker 6.6 is out @Yochanan

Yes, it is. FYI, @Ste74 is the developer and he pushed it to all branches yesterday.

1 Like

Well, I checked gitlab and haven’t seen the update.

Ah, @Ste74 forgot to push his changes. I’ll poke him.

1 Like

I was playing around with the pacman database and I have noticed some packages with missing dependencies:

• beelink-kde-settings depends on plasma-theme-beelink
  • java-atk-wrapper-openjdk depends on java-runtime (version=19)
  • libvirt-storage-gluster depends on libvirt (version=10.3.0)
  • libvirt-storage-iscsi-direct depends on libvirt (version=10.3.0)
  • linux64-broadcom-wl depends on linux64
  • minisforum-kde-settings depends on plasma-theme-minisforum
  • plasma-dialer depends on plasma-wayland-session
  • plasma-mobile depends on plasma-wayland-session
  • plasma-phonebook depends on kpeoplevcard
  • slimbook-titan-settings depends on plasma-theme-slimbook

In all the cases there is no package that fulfills the requirement, so it’s not possible to install any of these packages atm (but probably some of them just need to be removed from repos as linux64-broadcom-wl)

2 Likes

I imagine some of these packages will just need to be removed from your system, if installed. Are any of them from the AUR?

You should also remove the plasma-wayland-session package as it no longer exists in the repo due to being replaced by plasma-workspace package.

sudo pacman -S plasma-workspace

Those packages that list plasma-wayland-session as a dependency likely then need updating, once plasma-workspace has been properly installed.

I hope this helps to some extent. Cheers.

1 Like

in mobile some deps are broken

mbn check -s
:: Check dependencies stable
error: missing 'plasma-theme-beelink' dependency for 'beelink-kde-settings'
# error: missing 'erlang-unixodbc' dependency for 'ejabberd'
# error: missing 'java-runtime=19' dependency for 'java-atk-wrapper-openjdk'
error: missing 'plasma-theme-minisforum' dependency for 'minisforum-kde-settings'
error: missing 'plasma-wayland-session' dependency for 'plasma-dialer'
error: missing 'plasma-wayland-session' dependency for 'plasma-mobile'
error: missing 'kpeoplevcard' dependency for 'plasma-phonebook'
error: missing 'plasma-theme-slimbook' dependency for 'slimbook-titan-settings'

except for arch packages : java-atk-wrapper-openjdk and ejabberd