Update requests for packages built by Manjaro developers

Hi,
when will be the Gnome extention Dash to Dock (gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock) updated next?
There is a annoying bug that let the windows counter indicator numbers are totally wrong. There is a closed issue

that links to this commit

Last Manjaro repo commit is from December 7, 2021

There is no new extensions.gnome.org-v7x release published, but maybe commits can be merged too.
Thanks.

1 Like

@Yochanan
I’ve pushed autogit 1.6.0 to Gitlab.

1 Like

Manjaro provides pacman-static in its core repository, however, it hasn’t been updated in a while (it’s at 5.2.1). The PKGBUILD is also out-of-date, and does not work.

I would like to ask for it to be removed or updated (e.g. there is an up-to-date PKGBUILD in the AUR).

2 Likes

@oberon
discover-snap needs an update. The current version in the manjaro repos is 5.18.0, the actual current version (as available on the AUR) is 5.24.0.

The UI of 5.18.0 is quite broken, while 5.24.0 works perfectly, just like regular discover

Just pushed 5.24.2.1-1 to stable / testing and 5.24.3-1 to unstable.

1 Like

SoftMaker has updated softmaker-office-2021 from revision 1042 (2021-12-17) to revision 1044 (2022-03-22).

Judging by the change log, the update contains a few minor program corrections.

Unfortunately, the bugs in the German grammar checker Duden Korrektor have not been fixed yet. Since Duden Korrektor is a third-party program, SoftMaker is dependent on the manufacturer to provide an updated version, which SoftMaker then has to integrate into the Office application.

1 Like

@oberon ktrip is outdated in the community repositories. The current version the manjaro repos is 21.05-1, the actual current version is 22.02.

When installing ktrip from the repositories the UI seems to completely broken, as I’m unable to to do anything than using the settings or open the about page. Could you update the package?

Thank you. We missed that. Updating.

1 Like

systemd-boot-manager v0.9-1 (Build date: 22 Feb 2020) is obsolete in the Manjaro repos and has the some bugs e.g. “discard” does not work.

I know the bug was fixed in the current version from gitlab 1 year ago:

Can you update it in the Manjaro repos?

Thanks!

3 Likes

xcursor-breeze may need an update: 5.11.5 (community), 5.22.5 (AUR), 5.24.4 (upstream)

2 Likes

SoftMaker has updated softmaker-office-2021 from revision 1044 (2022-03-22) to revision 1046 (2022-04-07).

Judging by the change log, the update contains a few minor bug fixes and functionality improvements.

Unfortunately, the bugs in the German grammar checker Duden Korrektor have still not been fixed. Since Duden Korrektor is a third-party program, SoftMaker is dependent on the manufacturer to provide an updated version, which SoftMaker then has to integrate into the Office application.

2 Likes

systemd-boot-manager added a new option that enables or disables Linux Kernel-Fallback.

2 posts were split to a new topic: My system stopped automatically updating due to mintstick dependency chage

Nvidia 470 drivers have a security patch. These drivers were end-of-life. And it is not clear if Manjaro would normally update these. Please take a look.

It would be clear if you kept track of #announcements posts, read the OP (Original Post) before posting, checked Branch Compare and updated your mirrors before requesting something that’s already there.

They are not end of life, the R470 LTSB is supported till mid 2024. R390 LTSB is supported till the end of this year.

All NVIDIA supported branches got a security update.

I can see that you updated GitLab. But it hasn’t made it out to the mirrors.

# pacman -Syi linux517-nvidia-470xx       

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date

Name            : linux517-nvidia-470xx
Version         : 470.103.01-11
Build Date      : Mon 09 May 2022 05:26:29 AM CDT

You’ve insulted me over a minor misunderstanding.

You’re correct. I was thinking that my card is not on 510.

Regards,

A member of the forum who has been registered for well over a year ignoring the first post before requesting a package I just updated (that is always regularly updated in a timely manner) and ignoring the informative reply that repeats information already in the first post to your request is insulting to me.

I have not insulted you. You have decided to receive the information I provided as an insult. There’s a difference.

The new 470 drivers are pushed to the unstable branch. The new 370 drivers will be pushed as soon as my power is back on. There are 106 customers without power in my area currently.

4 Likes

Please update kirigami-addons in official repository to the newest version, as found outdated below.
@MaMicha @oberon
Many thanks.