Update Error Manjaro Gnome

Hi guys, Today I did a fresh install of Manjaro Gnome. After Installing I updated my system using
sudo pacman -Syyu
But I got this error :-

(183/183) checking keys in keyring                 [######################] 100%
(183/183) checking package integrity               [######################] 100%
(183/183) loading package files                    [######################] 100%
(183/183) checking for file conflicts              [######################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock: /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/schemas/gschemas.compiled exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Any Help would be highly appreciated, I am unable to update my system!

Use at your own peril ─ it’ll probably be okay but it does have the potential to become dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -Syu --overwrite="/usr/*"
2 Likes

should I run this ??

Would I have typed it otherwise? :smiley:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman#"Failed_to_commit_transaction_(conflicting_files)"_error

Thanks

You’re welcome. Let us know whether it worked. :wink:

Thanks for your solution, but after updating with this command. I got a plain adwaita theme (it’s not a big problem, I selected manjaro theme from tweaks) but there is no dash on the screen. I think there is some issue with dash-to-dock. I also used Manjaro Layout Manager which is also not working as expected!

There appear to be some problems with the dash-to-dock thing. The following three posts/threads have been submitted just days ago… :arrow_down:

Hey, how do i go back to the latest version of gnome after executing this command?

Welcome to the forum, but please don’t hijack other people’s threads.

If you issued the command as I gave it higher up, then you should already be on the latest edition of GNOME. You will have to reboot first, of course.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.