[Unstable Update] August 2024 Edition

Also must say that 560.x series works without issues as secondary GPU on Wayland, although I would wait for egl-wayland 1.1.16 is in extra-testing and current is 1.1.13.1

EDIT: Also tested the -open variant now and performance wise it’s about the same (maybe tiny bit better), but (vulkan) application startup is noticeably faster.

EDIT 2:
That was too fast. 560.x series has a regression which prevents native Wayland Vulkan apps from running on iGPU on dual GPU systems
For more info, see: 560 release feedback & discussion - #371 by abchauhan - Linux - NVIDIA Developer Forums (and earlier discussion)

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Pulseaudio depending packages prevent upgrade

I’m aware that’s an issue some are having. By the way, I included a potential fix, however one may need to take an additional step manually.

If one’s system supports S0ix-based power management, then follow the instructions here:

https://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/560.35.03/README/powermanagement.html

For example, these are all my NVIDIA parameters:

options nvidia-drm modeset=1 fbdev=1
options nvidia "NVreg_UsePageAttributeTable=1"
options nvidia "NVreg_PreserveVideoMemoryAllocations=1"
options nvidia "NVreg_TemporaryFilePath=/var/tmp"
options nvidia "NVreg_EnableS0ixPowerManagement=1"
1 Like

I have a regression in the 6.10 kernel probably since 6.10.4 or 6.10.5.

When system resumes from sleep, the power light on my laptop does not light up (remains in the “blinking” sleep state) and fans do not work at all until next reboot.

On 6.6 system wakes up from sleep normally and power light lights up, fans work

I have similar issues . See my post here.

This kernel update seems to be working for my keyboard backlight issue:

Linux Manjaro 6.10.7-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Aug 30 06:38:59 UTC 2024 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I was wrong . Still not working with this kernel
611 still not working

I don’t think this is the same issue. My keyboard backlight works, key to change the brightness (full/dim/off) also works. The issue is that system does not wake up from sleep properly. System wakes up normally functional-wise, but motherboard/bios/uefi thinks that it’s still sleeping (hence power light is not on, like it is after a fresh boot) and fans do not spin at all (regardless of the laod), which leads to overheating