[Unstable Update] 2023-05-21 - Repository changes

The current release which once on the desktop and have done the first update I switch to the Unstabvle branch.

Then, as already said … youd have to manage the differences.

I changed my idea, I switch to ntfs3. If the kernel have support for NTFS, why not?
I removed “ntfs-3g”, installed “ntfsprogs-ntfs3” from AUR and did the change on configuration to /etc/udisks2/mount_options.conf`.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Target not found: pacman>=6.0.2-11

while i much prefer ntfs3 driver over ntfs-3g, so far it has not been exactly smooth sailing. ntfs3 is very sensitive to NTFS upkeep and rejects mounting NTFS partitions for the slightest of discrepancies. on all such occasions i’ve had no issues mounting the same partition with ntfs-3g. ntfs3 will only resume mounting when it is corrected by ntfsfix -d or at worst with chkdsk /f. i have/would keep ntfs-3g as a contingency.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Gtkhash: error while loading shared libraries: libmbedcrypto.so.7

A post was split to a new topic: Changes needed to make buildiso work

yes, pacdiff -o is the most straightforward approach, considering the user HAS custom configurations that he wishes to save

/edit LOL that’s why you read what you write before hitting enter. rm -rf / >> Ctrl+C

Huh?
pacdiff -o just prints all pacnew/pacsaves.
pacdiff itself can delete, ignore, or merge them.
The whole reason for these things is so you can preserve your configurations.

Do the changes in the repos already affect the stable version (Reinstalled with kde-22.1.3-minimal-230529-linux61.iso, then did all stable updates)? I ask because I just came from Arch and there the changes are already done for some time.

No, only the Manjaro unstable branch thus far.

If you want to use Manjaro and stay close to Arch updates, use the unstable branch.

2 Likes

:information_source: OpenBLAS >= 0.3.23-2 update requires manual intervention

2023-06-14 - Felix Yan

The openblas package prior to version 0.3.23-2 doesn’t ship optimized LAPACK routine and CBLAS/LAPACKE interfaces for compatibility. This decision has been reverted now, and the ability to choose a different default system BLAS/LAPACK implementation while keeping openblas installed is now provided to allow future co-installation of BLIS, ATLAS, etc.

The default BLAS implementation will be used for most packages like NumPy or R. Please install blas-openblas and blas64-openblas to make OpenBLAS the default BLAS implementation, just like the old behavior.

Unfortunately you will get errors on updating if you currently have OpenBLAS installed as the default BLAS implementation:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing openblas (0.3.23-2) breaks dependency 'blas' required by cblas
:: installing openblas (0.3.23-2) breaks dependency 'blas' required by lapack

Please append your preferred default BLAS implementation to the regular -Syu command line to get around it. For example:

sudo pacman -Syu blas-openblas

or

sudo pacman -Syu blas

Well thanks for making me look.
Now I realized I was using blas when I want blas-openblas instead. :slight_smile:

The Time Has Come:
Testing finished changing in the repos since “15.06.2023”
( [Testing Update] 2023-06-15 - Kernel, Systemd, Mesa, GNOME 44.2, NVIDIA, ZFS, LibreOffice, PipeWire - #7 by Lila-Kuh )

Thanks for letting me know. I never would have found out unless you told me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes
2 Likes

:information_source: TeX Live package reorganization

2023-06-18 - Antonio Rojas

Starting from version 2023.66594-9, TeX Live packages have been reorganized to mirror upstream collections. Even though the new texlive-basic replaces the old texlive-core, many of the texlive-core contents (including language specific files) are now split between different packages. To find out which Arch package contains a specific CTAN package, you can use the tlmgr utility, eg.

$ tlmgr info euler | grep collection
collection:  collection-latexrecommended

which means the euler CTAN package is contained in texlive-latexrecommended. You may also use pacman -F to query for specific files.

A new metapackage texlive-meta is available to install all subpackages (except for language specific ones), and the new texlive-doc package provides the full documentation for offline use.

1 Like

This broke latexmk:

$ pamac search --files /usr/bin/latexmk
/usr/bin/latexmk is owned by texlive-bin
$ pamac info texlive-bin
Name                  : texlive-bin
Version               : 2023.66984-7
[...]
Build Date            : Sa 17 Jun 2023 01:29:09 CEST
Install Date          : Mo 19 Jun 2023 09:57:19 CEST
$ which latexmk
latexmk not found

Edit: You have to install texlive-binextra to actually install latexmk.

The file that texlive-bin provides is a broken symlink to /usr//share/texmf-dist/scripts/latexmk/latexmk.pl which can only be resolved by installing the binextra package.

1 Like

It’s fixed with 2023.66594-13.

systemd in it’s current state has a regression which leads to (some) problems with libvirtd and other services:

It seems to be resolved now by reverting the offending commit:

Arch has already released a fixed systemd package with this single cherry-pick:

As we do not inherit systemd from arch, I’m hoping for an updated package…

edit: Thanks to @Yochanan the patch has landed:

4 Likes