April 9, 2021, 11:23am
Thanks for the clarification!
But it also introduces another point of failure in the boot chain, which really should be thought about if it’s worth doing that.
My system booted to a TTY. What I’m trying to say is that, this may introduce more problems than it tries to solve.
Same as with TLP on Desktop machines, which regularly is a point for problems and makes it very hard to find the culprit.
Thank you for reporting! I guess separate vanilla gdm package is needed in that case.
gdm is now the same as upstream arch. gdm-plymouth is the patched version and has plymouth as hard dependency.
Split this topic
April 13, 2021, 10:35pm
April 16, 2021, 1:17pm
Somehow samba support in nautilus is completely broken, tried to downgrade gvfs packet but nothing happened, you write smb:// something press connect and name field is just cleared and nothing happen
edit: still there problem after samba update
April 17, 2021, 4:18pm
manjaro-settings-manager and other software depends on the old icu so this package:
Arch Linux - icu 69.1-1 (x86_64) can’t be updated with pacman right now
Pls do backups before updating icu and other packages…
April 17, 2021, 7:49pm
pacman-mirrors 4.21.3-2 works well now for me, the old speed is back…
Hello, any news about systemd 248? I was curious to try out systemd-oomd and this package is held back to 247 on testing and stable branches, compared to Arch (my laptop still has OOM issues sometimes despite the 32GB ram).
April 24, 2021, 10:41am
We normally update
systemd when at least a point-release came out. You can test it via unstable branch.
Why nvidia drivers want to downgrade from 465 to 460?
Quote from pamac:
К понижению версии (4):
nvidia-utils 460.73.01-1 (465.24.02-2) extra 115,4 МБ
mhwd-nvidia 460.73.01-1 (465.24.02-2) core 18,8 кБ
lib32-nvidia-utils 460.73.01-1 (465.24.02-1) multilib 37,7 МБ
linux510-nvidia 460.73.01-1 (465.24.02-3) extra 26,5 МБ
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qat_4xxx
linux512-rc8 so this Firmware will be not maintaned anymore?
Split Package available?
Testing Unstable on Lenovo ThinkPad T60
Is also a thing on the
but I see that only on Setup with Crypt Devices (Manjaro with Encrypted Drive)
April 26, 2021, 6:16am
Stable Kernel 5.12 is out now
April 29, 2021, 1:44pm
I see that gnome shell 40 is available in the extra repository of Arch Linux (see
here). Does it means that it will be available soon in Manjaro ?
It will also be possible that a version of Dash to Dock for Gnome 40 will be release soon (see
So, Manjaro Gnome with Gnome 40 available in one or two weeks ?
Stable Kernel 5.12 is out now
I’m noticing some extensions not working with 5.12. Are you seeing that elsewhere as well?
If you were using the unstable branch, you’d already know the answer to that question.
Hi Gnome Fellows,
Manjaro currently ships a mixture of Gnome 3.38 Shell and Gnome 40 Apps, as long as it works together for a while now in Stable and Testing branches. Gnome 40 Shell and other newer packages you may find in our Unstable branch. The following packages we hold back (plus needed extensions):
This is the minimal set of 3.38 p…
Yes, the current version in the unstable branch is using this PR:
05:17PM - 28 Mar 21 UTC
~~This only achieves "bare minimum" functionality.~~
~~Settings aren't all te
… sted (the Unity style stuff is probably broken, for example), the settings UI needs fixing, and it is _very much_ WIP.~~
~~The most basic functionality is usable though - and I'll be adding to this branch (though other contributors' work is welcome)~~
We're approaching _initial_ release quality :partying_face:
- [X] Windows glitch when returning from overview without autohide
- [X] Overview workspaces are the wrong size
- [X] Top mode is quite broken (~~I'm considering disabling it for now as other extensions support the "top" experience better~~ UPDATE: It is mainly only broken in shrink mode now)
- [ ] Fullscreen autohide is glitchy (haven't had a chance to debug it, I don't consider it a blocking feature)
- [ ] Custom background colors can't have custom opacities (this impacts pretty much all the settings at the intersection of opacity/background colors)
- [x] Dynamic icon sizing isn't working correctly
- [ ] Investigate dynamic icon sizing's impact on the overview, see if multiple dimensions are possible and decide if the desktop dock should instead be constrained to the overview dimensions by default :thinking:
- [ ] Trash and volume icons aren't sorted correctly with drag-n-drop, etc.
- [ ] Trash has incorrect menu
- [ ] Padding for bottom panel on left/right needs to be added w/ shrink disabled.
- [ ] Workspace previews are `2:1` :thinking:
(will update as issues get fixed or found)
- [ ] Animations out of the applications view are a bit janky, 40 doesn't provide a simple way to fully exit the overview from the app view. (the context is slightly more complicated, it also involves the show app button state and how it is managed)
Just as of right now I transitioned to Unstable again - I can say gnome 40 works a charm with dash-to-panel and all other extensions (wich I use extensible) work a charm.
With the panel on top, the workflow indeed feels improved. Cant wait for gs40 to hit testing to go back to felt safety