Latest fontconfig-update changed the location of the 11-lcdfilter*.conf files from /etc/fonts/conf.avail to /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/.
If anybody has symlinked one of those in /etc/fonts/conf.d/ - the symlinks will need to be adjusted accordingly.
edit: Just “found” the noto-fonts-compat package on one of my systems, which probably wants to adopt those path changes as well @philm?
I installed wine-staging 6.5-2 to see if it would make a difference. It does not launch, however, via command line I do get the program (QuickPar) to launch. Here is the output from terminal:
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk wine-staging 6.5 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
MESA-INTEL: warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is incomplete
0024:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
If this is related to the Mesa-Intel warning, I am uncertain how to fix it. Any ideas?
I just did a fresh install of the Budgie community edition, and after running full updates and getting things set up how I liked them, I rebooted, and then switched to the unstable branch. After running updates and rebooting, immediately after login from LightDM, I get the dreaded “Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can’t recover. Please log out and try again.” message. This happens every time, and no amount of reboots or logging out and back in helps.
I assume this is because mutter got upgraded from 3.38 to 40.0? I can still access the panel in Budgie, and even launch programs just fine, so it could be much worse. That said, the desktop is essentially out of commission with that mentioned error message taking the place of the normal desktop background. Also, some window-related operations don’t seem to work at all, or work unreliably, such as moving windows around or resizing them.
Thanks for any suggestions. I have debated trying to downgrade mutter, but I assume this will come with its own issues. Maybe if I wait it out, this will get fixed in due time?