Hi everyone, I’m having a hard time with “Manjaro Settings Manager” in setting my “Keyboard Settings”. I know this should be a trivial thing, but my “RaspberryPi 400” with UK keyboard keeps acting as US no matter what I do:
System Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
VC Keymap: uk
X11 Layout: gb
X11 Model: pc104
(not relevant) After the last update to my i3 version bricked my installation I had to move to sway, but for some reason localectl shows "X11 layout and model.
I’ve tried other models like pc86 and pc98 (the RPI400 UK layout has 79 keys). I even tried different variants but nothings seems to work.
I had a similar bug when I was using i3 with X11, where my layout would be changed to US after every reboot, but changing the settings in Manjaro Settings Manager would fix have an effect, unlike my current situation.
I got the aarch64 sway edition and have everything up to date:
sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronising package databases…
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do
Please let me know what other info I should share in order to help the troubleshooting.
When posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, beforeANDafter the pasted text. Like this:
Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:
This will just cause it to be rendered like this:
eget nisl elit id
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.
Instead of like this:
Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.
Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.
Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.
For more information, please see:
If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:
This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.
I’m beginning to thinks this has something to do with “Manjaro Settings Manager”. There is a little testing area there where you can type things. Although I have English (UK) “Default” set and applied, the “#” key still prints "".