UEFI doesn't see Manjaro bootable partition after installing Windows 10

I have three hard drives - An M.2 Drive, a SATA SSD, and a SATA HDD. With Windows 11 already installed on the M.2 drive, I installed Manjaro KDE Plasma (newest version as of last week) and I could boot just fine. Then, I decided I wanted a clean install of Windows 10.

After backing up my files to the HDD, I used Manjaro disk utility to clear all partitions on the M.2 drive. Then, with the computer turned off, I physically disconnected the SATA SSD which had the Manjaro partition and the SATA HDD (data storage) and booted from the Windows 10 USB install disk. I installed Windows 10 to the NVMe drive as one single drive (no extra partitions).

Last, with the computer turned off I physically plugged in the SSD with Manjaro and the data HDD. But when I go to UEFI setup or the boot menu, Manjaro no longer appears in the list of bootable drives.

In Windows 10 Disk Management, all my drives show up as normal, including the SSD with the Manjaro partition. In order from left to right, the partitions on the Linux-containing drive are:

Partition 1 - 450 MB Recovery Partition
Partition 2 - 99 MB EFI System Partition
(D:) Drive - 156 GB Healthy Basic Data Partition (Windows sees it as D:)
Partition 6 - 98.45 GB Healthy (Primary Partition) (This is where Manjaro is)
Partition 5 - 585 MB Recovery Partition

System info:
Motherboard: Asrock B450M Pro
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3050
RAM: 16 GB
Storage: Detailed above but: 1. M.2 Drive, no partitioning other than Windows 10, 2. SATA SSD, partition details above, 3. 1 TB Data HDD

Should I boot to a Manjaro Live USB to try and figure out what is wrong? What more information do you need? A lot of the command line stuff to provide info won’t work without being able to boot Linux in the first place.

Theoretically, the actual Linux install should be perfectly intact because it was physically disconnected while I installed Windows. I am also open to just wiping the SATA SSD and starting over with a new Linux install since I haven’t done a lot of setup yet.

I cannot mount the Manjaro partition on Windows 10, but I also couldn’t do that when Manjaro could still boot. The data partition on the Linux-containing SSD drive works normally, so the drive is still functioning.

check in your UEFI motherboard
create profile and save for windows 10 , and windows 11
another one for linux( no secure boot , etc )
for manjaro

• no secure boot
  • no fastboot
  • no csm
  • all disks in AHCI ( not raid )
  • no optane/rst
  • no legacy

with USB live manjaro check return

sudo efibootmgr -v

if there is no line manjaro , windows 10 has deleted entry line manjaro in efivars

you need in this cas only see for create entry in efibootmgr

1 Like

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information. [HowTo] Provide System Information
  2. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.